Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: $2 auto-pay reward and new points rewards system

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks @maple_leaf 

no worry, there is member who likes to put me under the microscope and keep reminding me how "faulty" I am 🤣. I am used to it and I know how to ignore those negativities.  🙂

5 REPLIES 5

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

2016-10-28 07.44.23.jpeg

@maple_leaf- Excellent quote and sentiment. It was the other user that used that word though. I know full well I'm not perfect and am fully open to being corrected when imperfect. Some users seem to take great insult on being corrected. And then they proceed to change whatever they got corrected about for the future. Go figure.
I'm fine with typing typos. I do them. I also get that some people might be ESL. Fine. But if you're using reference materials then they should be "error-free". I think. But I all too often stand alone around here. Oh well.

I see the other user edited their post and changed the word to faulty. lol

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dust2dust , I hear you and respect your feelings on this issue. I'll leave you with a Brainy Quote on the subject as food for thought:

"Perfectionism is not a quest for the best. It is a pursuit of the worst in ourselves, the part that tells us that nothing we do will ever be good enough - that we should try again. In order to go on living one must try to escape the death involved in perfectionism."

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @softech 

day2day "EverSoftech" fans 🙂

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@maple_leaf- I tend to struggle with typos as it makes it hard to read and understand and the flow and rhythm gets lost. I think it's lazy when typo-ridden replies seemed to have come from reference materials. Why not make those materials "perfect" to begin with and then reply with them. One-off, free-typing is of course different. Almost all of what I reply with is typed out that moment. Links are from references.

Good of you to find the materials on the site. Although all too often even that messaging is not kept up to date or is false (I didn't check your links to say that).

Need Help? Let's chat.