cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random

Rob6116
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is cereal soup is a hamburger or a hot dog  a sandwich people like to think about and question but what is the  actual answer 

6 REPLIES 6

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

I worked at McDonalds in grade 11 and 12. All McDonalds hamburgers back then (1974-75) and presumably now were referred to as Sandwiches by management. Quarter Pounder Sandwich etc…

I wish I could say that I read a lot…I don't. I barely even qualify as reading a tiny little bit. But I recall reading a book about a PT boat in the Pacific theatre of WW2 where they were fed “Hamburg Sandwiches” on one occasion, ground beef between pieces of bread. It was written about as being quite the novelty and it likely was.

AE_Collector

peaceloveandjay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Popped in to have a look and now I'm hungry!

@Rob6116 

So now I am interested in this cold italian soup you speak of....and yes you have made me think. I suppose that outside of the "definition" of soup there are dessert soups that are made without the heating of the ingredients first. However I would argue that the manufacturing of cereal would not be considered soup if the end product is a dry packaged product. It would not br soup until made into a liquid product. Same as Lipton chicken noodle "soup" is not soup until made into a liquid product....it would be a soup mixture. The instructions state to add boiling water or bring water to a boil and add the mixture/product to "make" or "prepare" 

As you can see by the thread following yours....I do have a little experience in preparing food. 😉

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/What-s-for-dinner-tonight/td-p/610324

Along with making soup from scratch....

20201023_235720.jpg20190117_195915.jpg20180123_204905.jpgIMG_20171121_160637282.jpgIMG_20171106_193941214.jpgIMG_20171107_184250101.jpg

Rob6116
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

See made you actually think but milk and cereal  are actually made to the  boiling point then cooled and packaged separately to be added later so again is cereal  soup also Italian have a cold soup not all soup is mad to by boiling ingredients and it's just something that I think there's no real  answer but makes you think 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Rob6116 

By definition cereal (ie. cheerios and milk)is not soup. Soup whether served hot or cold is made by combining ingredients and heating to the boiling point and allowing to simmer and then served hot or cold. However hot cereal (ie.porridge) could be considered soup as it is made by combining ingredients (oatmeal, salt and water) and heating and simmering til done.

Hamburgers and hotdogs have always been considered sandwiches since their invention as they have all the basics of a sandwich...bread and a filling ( the hamburger patty or hotdog.)

Need Help? Let's chat.