cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random thought

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

Random thought . Who made up the words we use to describe things that we all know and understand ? And did the truly think it thru ? For example I just busted open a new tooth brush I got for x mas and I started thinking why is it called tooth brush I mean shouldn’t it be called a teeth brush ? the latter suggest I have only 1 tooth and same as with a hairbrush should that not be called a hairs brush ? Otherwise it too suggests I only have 1 scraggly hair .then I try to visualize myself with one tooth and one scraggy hair , and wonder would I even then bother with said tooth brush / hair brush  LOL worlds a funny place , hope your all enjoying your world gang!

7 REPLIES 7

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Handy1, haha not sure I would call myself a deep thinker but do these things interesting.

Esjliv, that is funny and keeping with fun stuff here's a video that made me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCo0hSFAWOc

@cloudalabama wrote:

Here for points 

Hi @cloudalabama , in case you are wondering, post and bravos here in the lounge do not count towards Community Rewards/Give Back points. However, they used to at one point, but since the revamp of the community last year this was supposed to be sorted out. 🙂

@esjliv  Hahahahahahah YES I love SNL I totaly remember that skit along with so many others of course 🙂 thanks for that you just made my day !

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

LOL, funny!

Deep Thoughts by Jack @Handy1 

esjliv_0-1674697144408.png

esjliv_1-1674697520081.png

@statusquo  Well said you are truly a deeper thinker than I am ,I’m as deep as a puddle when it comes to thought . I still giggle when I fart ! 

cloudalabama
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Here for points 

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You are so right that the English language is quite strange in many respects but also very versatile.  I would also like to know the evolution of how particular words got formed over time and some are very peculiar as you listed but this might also apply to other languages I would think although I believe the strength of the english language is that it is willing to adopt new words from other cultures including popular culture and might be the reason why it's become the defacto global business language.   Yes it's quite interesting to think about how humans developed spoken and written languages throughout history too.

Need Help? Let's chat.