cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put Yourself on the Map!!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Now that we have an area for totally of topic subjects I thought this might be a cool idea.  Add yourself to the map if you wish.  I think it would be interesting to find out where pockets of PM users are.  It can also help if we get a question about coverage in a remote location we can look up that area and see if someone is there and direct the question to them.  It may help people find a sim in an emergency (I believe most Oracle's usually have extras around).  

Put Yourself on the Map!!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

15 REPLIES 15

Just giving this a bump

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I like the idea.  Put myself in Toronto where I live.

@stonechucker wrote:

I can’t figureout how to create a tag.  What am I missing?

Try add marker simple. 

ashleyb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Nice Idea! Just added myself to this list. Thanks for sharing!

I can’t figureout how to create a tag.  What am I missing?

Effort

I also chose a general area and it chose an address randomly.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mimmo wrote:

@smp99  I think the map is showing your full address and postalcode

Nope  - I just clicked in a general vicinity of the town centre and it picked that address. That's not my address and I don't know who that might be. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@smp99  I think the map is showing your full address and postalcode

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

On my rooted phones, I like to ID myself as living on Christmas Island.  I just realized there is no Bellus coverage there.  Anyway, other than for off topic discussion, I fail to see how this really matters. 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm game

Still quite anonymous

Gonzo

Location seems a bad idea to advertise in a public forum. 

@mimmo wrote:

@ShawnC13 I don't mind sharing my city, done it many times, but full address is a bit too much info.you might want to edit your maP profile.

I I think I have it changed.  I was able to remove my street address I am sure I could have removed more as well.  I am hoping it is you can click location now

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 I don't mind sharing my city, done it many times, but full address is a bit too much info.you might want to edit your maP profile.

@NDesai wrote:

Not a bad idea, but I am not sure if i want to share my location to the public. 

Totally understand that is why I said place yourself if you wish.  We have it on another forum I am on and we have done some meetups and get to know the faces behind the names.  It isn't for everyone and totally understand those not willing.  I just see it as a way to possibly help the community out more and maybe meet people that you didn't know in your city that were with PM

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Not a bad idea, but I am not sure if i want to share my location to the public. 

Need Help? Let's chat.