Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Pocophone F1

@stonechucker wrote:

And what is a not useful feature in your mind @MoreYummy

@stonechucker ask 12 people and you'll get 12 different answers.  Smiley Wink

For me, NFC is something I could live without, but would definitely prefer to have it.  A lot of people complain that OnePlus phones don't have wireless charging and it's a dealbreaker to them, when personally I could not care less and love the dash/warp charging they provide instead.  That said, I would like to see an official ingress certification rather than just saying they are kinda water resistant, LOL.  Everyon's got their own list of gotta have/nice to have/might be cool/couldn't care less features, I suppose.  Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren, I wanted the NFC actually on my wrist, but I couldn't justify paying 6 arms and 3 legs for the top of the line smartwatches that had 'all' the features.

Over the Christmas break (I got 2 weeks off), I decided to purchase a Ticwatch S - It has the built-in GPS, the pulse reader (on demand, not a live monitor) and allows me to track my steps when I forget my phone at home when taking the dog for a walk.

Sometimes I miss tracking my steps while walking her, sometimes twice a day, as I don't grab my phone always.  Now, this watch does it for me.

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker nice! I like those ticwatches.  I'm on my second Wear OS device.  First a 1st gen Huawei Watch (or Huatch as it's commonly referred to LOL) and since last summer a 3rd gen Fossil Q Explorist, in black on black on black.  I don't know how I ever lived without one.  I wear them whenever I'm out of the house, as a discrete way to get my notifications.  Wear app on the phone is set to auto-mute the phone when I'm wearing the watch, and then I get a discrete buzz on my wrist instead.  Big fan of smartwatches, though, to be fair, I was always "a watch guy" before that so I'm used to wearing one anyway.  Neither of my devices can do NFC on my wrist either, but I'm okay with that.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren, I previous wore a Fossil Nate standard watch - loved it, but was so big!!  My wrist just wasn't big enough to wear it comfortably.  I use the wrist notifications also and silence the phone via wearOS.  I actually purchased a premium watch face to get extra launch buttons for $1.99.

I used to work inside computer cases years ago and stopped wearing a watch (and rings) so I wouldn't get them caught.  Now my only issue is taking my current winter jacket off, as the watch is stopping the liner from easily going over the thicker watch Smiley Sad  Problems eh?

Mayor / Maire

@stonechucker gloves can be a pain, too.  I got a new pair for Christmas (after conveniently loosing one of my old ones a couple of weeks before) and they are runner's gloves, designed to roll part way up the forearm, which is tough on my watch wrist. But it's thin enough that I can just bunch it up a bit and it works.  And no, I'm not a runner!  But the gloves are nice.  Smiley Happy

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have this phone, and am using it right now with public mobile. This page can show you the steps to putting stock android on the phone, along with rooting it (but if you don't want to root it then don't follow through with the magisk step.) There isn't anything I found wrong with the phone. The global version works just fine with the network, as long as the latest update is installed. It is basically just a bare-bones pixel 3 for $400, so I'd say go for it!

EDIT: Typos

Tags (2)

I enjoy how quickly this went from phones to watches to gloves... Anyone suggest any cheap smart watches? I have been thinking about getting one.

Oracle

@TimeLemon wrote:

I enjoy how quickly this went from phones to watches to gloves... Anyone suggest any cheap smart watches? I have been thinking about getting one.

@TimeLemon, what are you looking for?  I have a Xiaomi Mi Band 3, it gives me notifications for email texts and phone calls.  You can't really read the full messages on teh watch so I do need to goto my phone for the full info but I use it more for notification of the messages as my phone is always on silent.  I think I got it for ~$30 or something from aliexpress.  I am looking at their actual watch now but with exchange it has gone to over $100 but quality of the product is great.  Waterproof been swimming with it many times, battery life last well over a week and have it go over  2 weeks as well.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *

@ShawnC13, you pretty much summed up exactly what I wanted, thanks! I'll probably wait till it goes on sale during a holiday.

Mayor / Maire

@TimeLemon not super cheap, but if your're looking for something that looks like an actual watch (rather than an activity tracking band--which may or may not be your thing), the 4th gen Fossil Q Explorist HR is a pretty good value at $335 with the silicon strap or a few different colour combos with leather straps brown leather or tan leather (there is a black too but the link is broken).  Or, for $365 in either of two different steel band colours regular stainless or smoked stainless.

I've got the 3rd gen Explorist and wear it literally every day.  Great watch, but this newer version is better as mine lacks a heart rate sensor but the 4th gen has one.  If you saw a 1st or 2nd gen Fossil and got scared off by the flat tire screen, note that these don't have that issue.  

EDIT: sorry didn't notice your reply to @ShawnC13, looks like my suggetions probably weren't to your tastes.  Ah well, swing and a miss!