cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn off emails from community?

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What is a Subscription? I checked them all and deleted them or removed them last night. This morning, I got an email saying " **** thinks your post is Awesome and gave you a BRAVO"

I also see under settings, "turn off all emails" (I do NOT want to have all emails turned off) 

7 REPLIES 7

@srlawren  Excellent point....one that us regulars wouldn't really consider. Public mobile gives us a plethora of options in how, when and where we can recieve (or not) notifications from public mobile.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@computergeek541 wrote:

For the most part, I highly doubt anyone wants a seperate e-mail message each time that someone replies, gives a bravo, marks a solution, or even corrects a spelling mistake. 

@computergeek541 you're thinking like @computergeek541 , not like an average community user.  There are those of us that visit regularly and for us, these notifications are not terribly important.  But what if you're the type of user that has popped in to ask a question but only visit the community every few months or even only when needed.  Maybe you forget to check back.  Maybe a reminder that someone has replied would be helpful??

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Defaults:

First page of My Settings
Don't send me any community emails - not checked

Preferences/Private Messenger
Receive email notifications for new private messages - checked

Subscriptions & Notifications/Notification Settings
Notification Settings - General Settings
Turn off all email notifications - not checked
Email Notifications - Notify me of:
All are set to on one way or another
Some are not relevant or unused.
Some depend on other settings as to whether one would get the email anyway.
Most of them are about being subscribed to things.

@Anonymous wrote:

@TMS wrote:

What is a Subscription? I checked them all and deleted them or removed them last night. This morning, I got an email saying " **** thinks your post is Awesome and gave you a BRAVO"

I also see under settings, "turn off all emails" (I do NOT want to have all emails turned off) 

I agree. I have it set to tell me if I got a pm. I get some other emails like solutions or company stuff but that's it.

Maybe this thread could have been moved up to the main forum. Alas.

With the exception of maybe the notification of a private message, I think all those e-mails are nonsense. For the most part, I highly doubt anyone wants a seperate e-mail message each time that someone replies, gives a bravo, marks a solution, or even corrects a spelling mistake. 

That was one of the first things I did.....i  only get deal alerts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TMS wrote:

I agree. I have it set to tell me if I got a pm. I get some other emails like solutions or company stuff but that's it.

Maybe this thread could have been moved up to the main forum. Alas.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@TMS, under my subscriptions, notifications, set each item in the long list, save and enjoy the peace and quiet.  It works for me. 

Need Help? Let's chat.