cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing with the big 3

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I was going though live chat to "See" how far the big 3 would go to get me as a customer. 

I have only done rogers and bell at this point and we all know they wont be public but I wanted to see how low they actually go. 

Bells Best Offer was $25 for no data and unlimted texting and calling 

Rogers Best was $35 for no data and unlimted txting and calling but because I mentioned bell they might have reduced it. But I spilled the beans to fast and said what plan I am on now and so that kinda ended that. 

Telus is next LOL. Just want to see how far they go. Always was polite and nice and said I be back because I'm always seeking the best deal (can't beat public but it's always good for the backroom secret deals) 

2 REPLIES 2

The Big Three deliberately differentiate their brand tiers. The bottom line in any negotiation is the point where one party walks away from the offer, The Big Three "flag tier" brands target business and corporate and government organizations and simply will not cannibalize or "de-value" their profits beyond their (arbitrary) minimum threshold. Their "flanker tier" brands attract mainstream consumers and their "value tier" brands catch customers with mercenary loyalties.

A lot of people refuse to "downgrade" because of an (artificial) perception that doing so will reduce quality or reliability of service. The Big Three work hard to maintain this belief, it's worth extra revenue for them, they won't go below their bottom line.

Google "veblen goods", "giffen goods", and "conspicuous consumption".

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

And Telus did not have any better offers then what's on the website at this current point in time

Need Help? Let's chat.