cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW to PM

MATTHEWS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just a funny note.

I literally just signed up today for the $24 w/ 4Gb data with everything else; Ironically I got a Freedom Mobile postcard in the mail today with a offer for 100Gb plus unlimited everything for 6 months. Just made me laugh. Hoping I made the right decision 😉

18 REPLIES 18

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

This thread has gotten confusing! The one I replied to I quoted in my reply! There must have been a few threads combined due to I didn’t reply to this one, I didn’t even see it!

If you correctly entered your friend's referral code, don't worry, it'll show up @MATTHEWS 

Check your rewards tab, or your available balance or your Payment tab.

The $10 will show there - give it about a week from the activation date.

MATTHEWS

It’s been over 72hrs and I haven’t gotten anything… should I do anything? or give it more time as it’s the weekend and a holiday on Monday. 

MATTHEWS

Thanks!

@MATTHEWS 

Coverage depends on the location of cell towers at your location.

Here is a map of all the cell towers near you. Just click on the different carrier towers box and you can see what is near your location.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=52.025459&lng=-96.987305&zoom=4&type=Roadm... 

@MATTHEWS 

You will get the $10 credit in 72 hours plus your points (5% of your monthly bill) in your account in a couple of days if not sooner. When you reached 15 points, you can redeem it for a $15 credit off your bill.

@MATTHEWS wrote:

Thanks for the info. I did not know about the minimum of 15 point limit too.

@MATTHEWS , to be able to redeem them to use towards your subscription it has to accumulate to 15 points but at least it is something to look forward to.

If you want to use the points to use towards add-ons then it is a different amount.

Heres some info to help:

How to access Public Points

You can access your rewards through the Public Mobile app or in My Account. Just go to the ‘My Rewards’ tab. Here you’ll be able to see the points you’ve earned, view the catalogue, and redeem your points.

And -> Overview of Public Points:

MATTHEWS

Thanks for the info. I did not know about the minimum of 15 point limit too.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@MATTHEWS wrote:
wife just signed up under my referral code when should I see the points added to my account?

@MATTHEWS , you will see the point added to your rewards section of your account about a couple days after you pay on your next renewal of your subscription!

One you have accumulated 15 points you can redeem it to use for a one time $15 bill credit towards paying on your subscription!

MATTHEWS

Just signed up under someone's account using their referral code. When should I see the $10 discount and where would it appear? under points or just as a credit on my second bill?

Thanks!

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Welcome!  I came in with Black Friday from Koodo and enjoying it so far.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@MATTHEWS 

Freedom and PM are fighting tooth and nail for subscribers, that's for certain.

If you're in a Freedom good coverage area, such as the GTA and greater Vancouver and other large cities, perhaps they might have the edge, however nationally, PM (using TELUS and Bell towers) takes the cake.

Dj_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Only time will tell if PM fits your needs and budget. But overall you should have a good experience.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MATTHEWS 

Good thing PM is a prepaid service so you can port out anytime but is better that you port out at the near end of your renewal date because there are no refund on unused days.

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just in case if you want to do a coverage map comparison; the Public Mobile coverage map is given here; https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/coverage

@MATTHEWS 

Can't answer directly from personal experience.  

Public mobile uses Telus and Bell cell towers.  Depends on your area and the nearest cell tower, etc.  I don't think that you should notice a big difference  

MATTHEWS

How do you find the service coverage in comparison to Bell/Virgin??

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Only time will tell! Welcome!!

Need Help? Let's chat.