cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loneliness for the holidays

superhamster
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone else feel like Christmas is just a big money grab and even though you might be surrounded by people, you feel alone?

I've never been able to figure out why I feel so lonely during the holidays and I'm just wondering if anyone else can relate...

4 REPLIES 4

I'm not feeling sad (or SAD) and lonely... two full weeks off work, paid, and already ahead of schedule when I go back.

Though I am trying to hide inside - catching up on reading and projects and binge-watching bad sci-fi stuff - and avoiding the tiresome partying, people, driving around, yucky weather, and endless spending - so the season is actually getting rather boring, lol. 

@buiya wrote:

Aww sorry to hear that.  Could it be SAD, seasonal affective disorder? During our winters we don't get as much sunlight. Vitamin D could help?

+1.  Winter days are short and often cloudy.  It does affect me sometimes.  Thankfully, we are past the solstice.  Days are getting longer.  Only 6 more months to the be solstice!

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@superhamster  May I suggest you look for somewhere to volunteer if possible. No better way to feel full in life than to give of your time to help others.  Cheers

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Aww sorry to hear that.  Could it be SAD, seasonal affective disorder? During our winters we don't get as much sunlight. Vitamin D could help?

Need Help? Let's chat.