cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best cheap phones

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here is an article recommending cheap phones  Prices are in US dollars.

https://www.wired.com/story/best-cheap-phones/

7 REPLIES 7

skrdan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
At times, Ali Express has amazing deals but not all sales can be sent toCanada...I found this out as I was preparing to complete an order. Sometimes have to toggle back and forth from Cdn website to the American site. BUT, still a great deal he got!!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@skrdan wrote:
@will13am
wOw!!! What a deal you got! How'd you snag a deal like that??

Aliexpress sale on 11.11 with a couple of coupons stacked on top.  

@skrdan note that @will13am is pretty much a deal-sniffing guru.  He could teach a masterclass, though I'm sure he'd prefer to keep some of those screts to himself.  Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@skrdan wrote:
@will13am

Aliexpress sale on 11.11 with a couple of coupons stacked on top.  

skrdan
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@will13am

@srlawren wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I have to say the article is pretty bad.  There's lot of lesser known brands that offer good value.  I can't take the recommendations seriously when all sorts of Apple products are on the list.  Not knocking iPhones but they are not value purchases.

@will13am if the article was titled something like "best relativley inexpensive but really quite good phones", it would be a decent selection of options.  Calling the selection (with the possible exception of the Moto G7) cheap is a bit of a misnomer for sure.

That said, the Pixel 3a is actually a really good device.  I picked one up earlier this year for my mother for her birthday and it's great, so long as you can live in 64GB of storage (only option, with no SD card support of course because it's a Google device) and don't need a large, corner-to-corner display device and just need something modern, clean, and good performing for day to day tasks, it's a great choice.  Wait for sales--I got hers for $400 Canadian--and it offers a a lot for the buck.  But again, not a "cheap" phone for sure.

Absolutely.  Cheap means cheap like the Umidigi F2 that I am using right now that was sub $200 loonies.  Dual SIM, 128GB storage, 6GB ram, micro SD card slot, 4 cameras is a lot of hardware for $200.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

I have to say the article is pretty bad.  There's lot of lesser known brands that offer good value.  I can't take the recommendations seriously when all sorts of Apple products are on the list.  Not knocking iPhones but they are not value purchases.

@will13am if the article was titled something like "best relativley inexpensive but really quite good phones", it would be a decent selection of options.  Calling the selection (with the possible exception of the Moto G7) cheap is a bit of a misnomer for sure.

That said, the Pixel 3a is actually a really good device.  I picked one up earlier this year for my mother for her birthday and it's great, so long as you can live in 64GB of storage (only option, with no SD card support of course because it's a Google device) and don't need a large, corner-to-corner display device and just need something modern, clean, and good performing for day to day tasks, it's a great choice.  Wait for sales--I got hers for $400 Canadian--and it offers a a lot for the buck.  But again, not a "cheap" phone for sure.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Need Help? Let's chat.