cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bell internet outage.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

My home is around the Bathurst and Drewry area in Toronto.  Since Thursday the 16th my internet is down. I'm trying to figure out how widespread this problem is.  Anyone else experiencing this outage? Thanks. 

And before some wiseass asks how come I'm online. Today Im at the office.

5 REPLIES 5

Thanks for all the help and replies. FYI As of this morning there was still an outage. I never got a straight answer about the problem. And the new guestimate was for 10 P.M. tonight. So today, after waiting a week I cancelled Bell and switched to Fido. 

@gblackma wrote:

@will13am Thanks.  How do I get them to give me a proper answer? It's always they are working on it and a new estimated time. Lol. I might as well be talking to a standard prerecorded message.

@will13am wrote:

If the outage has been that long, I would be asking the provider for an answer.  Widespread outages in the city would never be allowed to last this long without measures taken to reroute traffic through redundant nodes. 

Consider switching providers if that is the kind of customer service you are getting from the current one.  Internet is critical these days and it is not acceptable to be told, it will be up whenever we decide to fix the problem. 

@will13am Thanks.  How do I get them to give me a proper answer? It's always they are working on it and a new estimated time. Lol. I might as well be talking to a standard prerecorded message.

@will13am wrote:

If the outage has been that long, I would be asking the provider for an answer.  Widespread outages in the city would never be allowed to last this long without measures taken to reroute traffic through redundant nodes. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@gblackma wrote:

My home is around the Bathurst and Drewry area in Toronto.  Since Thursday the 16th my internet is down. I'm trying to figure out how widespread this problem is.  Anyone else experiencing this outage? Thanks. 

And before some wiseass asks how come I'm online. Today Im at the office.

https://downdetector.ca/status/bell/map/

Need Help? Let's chat.