cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody with bad experience with aliexpress?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Ordered $30 item on May 7. Their system shows it is delivered on May 21 by Canada Post. Not possible as it is weekend and no delivery service available. Usually delivery took 45-60 days at least. Now, with Covid it took 14 days??????

Argued with the seller; opened dispute. Seller asked for a PROOF I did not receive my order with Canada Post with  stamp on it. Like, how do I prove it I did not receive it? Checked tracking number on Canada Post web site - number does not exists. Asked (in person) at Canada Post outlet could they provide me stamped letter they never received and never delivered my package? No, CP does not do that.

Dispute closed within hours, same day, with conclusion since I cannot provide proof that I did Not receive my order, seller will get paid.

Never happened before that aliexpress asks for a proof of not receiving order for nonexistent tracking number.

It looks like alibaba started to take advantage of buyers as they are so far away and impossible to argue with them.

90% of ordered stuff so far over the years did arrive in perfect order. 10% really got lost and were refunded.

Just venting out frustration; maybe somebody has some sound advice how to get my $ back or get them to ship item again.

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

I am currently doing a chargeback for an item that was not delivered and the seller is unreachable and not who they said they were.....needless to say ordering it via paypal was a waste of time since they were unwilling to cancel the transaction because i didn't contact the seller. What a i supposed to do send a letter? Needless to say my credit card company is taking care of it....the 100 odd spam I get to my email is another story.

Edit:

Have you ever checked out what you can order from walmart online?

@darlicious wrote:

@Yummy 

Who is the notice from? Was your order trackable? Are you sure it's not spam?

Seller provided tracking number which does not exist in Canada Post system. No, it is not spam; on aliexpress site I can clearly see it says 'delivered'. They can do whatever they want as you have no way to reach live person and complain.

@Community_QA  I wish I could avoid it but there are some items you just CANNOT get elsewhere. For example belt and plastic 'gear motor shaft' for bread maker. Total cost for both items was around $5. Both items were installed and my bread maker works like new instead of buying new one for >$100.

Yummy_0-1654275013609.png

It is hit and miss but sometimes you have no choice. My last resort will be chargeback but as I read on different sites, that aliexpress will close my account immediately. Does it sound familiar 🙂 ?

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yeah, Aliexpress is very hit or miss.... my wife has pretty good luck with them, i.e. her packages seem to arrive in a reasonably timely fashion, and she's only had a couple of mistakes(they sent 1 or 2 wrong items out of many, but she wasn't P.O.'d), whereas I've only ordered from there 3 times..... 1st time my new phone took MONTHS to arrive, the 2nd time was kind of slow, but it arrived ok, and I'm currently waiting on an item that I strongly suspect they've sent from China, via DHL, instead of from the U.S., via USPS(which I chose), which will probably end up costing me some stupid brokerage fee, IF it actually arrives. 😑

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

avoid Aliexpress. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

Who is the notice from? Was your order trackable? Are you sure it's not spam?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

It is possible that Canada Post does deliver on weekends if they are backlogged. I was surprised to see Canada Post trucks around our neighborhood on the weekend. Our normal Post person told me they do especially around Christmas holidays.

Sellers on Aliexpress relying on delivery companies to conduct they deliveries.

You are lucky if you got your parcel in 45 days. I had one item arrive in 90 days.

I also had a couple of parcels that got lost too and you will required to create a ticket/investigation on the Canada Post website. One ticket for the lost parcel, the Postman (my regular Post person was on holiday) remembered my parcel and told me it was delivered to the house on the opposite side of the street. The neighbour dropped my parcel in my mailbox a couple of days later.

The only option is to put in a Dispute.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Chargeback. Welcome to China. And on ANY online shopping site, don't put very much weight on all the positive comments. They're easily cooked.

Need Help? Let's chat.