cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2Gigs vs. Unlimited Data

While watching a tv series called Upload, I came across something ironic. Without giving too much of the storyline away, this shows involves a virtually reality world that those who have died to live in.  In the show there are those who have unlimited data in the VR world and those who can only afford "2Gigs" per month. When I saw that, I immediately thought of Public Mobile. When the closest compeitors have unlimtied (although at a slow speed), isn't it time for Public Mobile also to have unlimited data?

Back to my show. It's rated 16+, so it's not for the younger crowd if anyone has children and younger teenagers around.

7 REPLIES 7

@computergeek541 ah maybe Ill give it a go and check it out. My entertainment tonight is looking through the Lounge topics. 

@Naepalm wrote:

@computergeek541  I just saw thia advertised tongiht when we were watching Tv. Do you like it? It almost seemed like a show that would either be really good or infinitly Bad LOL

Some of it is scarcasticly bad with humor, but someitmes, that can be funny. I liked it, but it's a bit twisted.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541  I just saw thia advertised tongiht when we were watching Tv. Do you like it? It almost seemed like a show that would either be really good or infinitly Bad LOL

Finished Upload season last night. Hopefully it's not a year for season 2 to come out

Anonymous
Not applicable

Back in the dark ages there was a time where internet connection providers charged for time online. Not amount of data. At the pre-historic modem speeds you wouldn't get much data anyway. So you got the 100 hour plan or whatever you thought your needs were. Now you've paid for 100 hours of time online. If you didn't use it all then the unused time would be banked and you'd have 127 hours (or whatever) to use for the next month after renewal.

This is how it should work. We paid for it. We pay for it again. It should accumulate. Be banked. Rollover. Whatever you want to call it...it's ours.

But no. The telco's found out/were permitted to that hey they could charge per month and take away what you paid for. Profit city. This is part of why I so like the add-on method of use. I pay for it and it stays on until used. It's why I picked up the 5gb/SIM promo last year. It's an add-on. With the summer and Dec gifts I still have 4gb of that left. I'll of course admit that I'm a low use customer. When I last examined my usage 3 years ago I was averaging about 400mb per month on the actual phone. I had a 6gb plan but it was otherwise being used for the hotspot. I think there was only one time that I used it all.

So here we are. We can wish all we want but the telco's won't do it unless they're told. Tell your MP. Tell the Prime Minister.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile's schtick is rewards.  I am sure customers at the competition are wondering when their carrier brand will offer similar rewards.  As you know, I am not a fan of the "offer matching game".  I much prefer to go where the deal is.  That is the best way to reward good behaviour in the part of the service provider offering the good deals and at the same time punishing those that don't.  Begging for an offer match rewards bad behaviour.  If the providers that offer the deals are not appropriately rewarded, they might stop offering the deals and then the platform for the offer matching game is gone.  Long story short, go to the deal, don't beg for the deal to come to you.  

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

I've been watching it to. It's a pretty good show👍

No comment on unlimited data for PM. I'm sure it would be useful for many but personally for me I don't need it.

I'd like to see PM come out with what Fizz (Videotron) is doing with data rollover and data gifting. Considering PM recently changed the $35 plan for Quebec to beat their 2gig plan I'm sure PM is aware of the data rollover/gifting.

Need Help? Let's chat.