cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account status: Plan Expired

Amghaemi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I updated my credit card last night and i just logged back in my account which is now showing my account status as "plan expired"
Is this normal? I have the amazing $120 3 month plan.
10 REPLIES 10

Amghaemi
Everything appears to be back to normal

@Amghaemi wrote:
This is the message now:

Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.
Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service.

I'll check again tomorrow but I still have service so that is encouraging

Because all the crazy things that go on with renewal, the rule of thumb is to not look in the account during that time provided the service is still fully functional.  

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Amghaemi 100% normal, as noted by the previous responders.  Don't panic.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@SD08 @will13am If these Plan Expired topics pop up in the late afternoon or at night, a hint that issue is about the usual renewal process Smiley Wink

SD08

@Amghaemi wrote:
This is the message now:

Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.
Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service.

Thanks for clarifying.  Yes, that's a good sign that you still have service.  I advise to check after 7am, since the payment is usually collected by then.  Good luck and keep us updated.  Smiley Happy

Amghaemi
This is the message now:

SD08

@will13am wrote:

I think OP is asking about the plan, not the account. 

Well, the wording of the OP says "plan expired" as opposed to simply "expired", so it's a bit unclear.

@Amghaemi

Are you referring to this:

PM_RenewalAccountSuspendedStatus.jpg

OR

Are you referring to this:

PromoPlanExpired.jpg

If it's the first, then what I said earlier applies.  If it's the second, then what @will13am said applies.

@SD08 wrote:

Is today your regular payment due date (as listed in account overview page)?  If so, then here's what to expect:
1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" on payment due date.
2. Conversion of all rewards to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment is not collected yet at this point. Account will now show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In the early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), and plan will be renewed. Account status will then show as "active."
Throughout this process, your service should be uninterrupted. You only need to contact a moderator for help if your service actually stops (can't make calls or use data).

I think OP is asking about the plan, not the account. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Yes, it is "normal" to see "expired" showing for a legacy plan that is no longer offered.  It is confusing and causes major angst, but that is apparently why the expired label is there. 

SD08

Is today your regular payment due date (as listed in account overview page)?  If so, then here's what to expect:
1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" on payment due date.
2. Conversion of all rewards to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment is not collected yet at this point. Account will now show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In the early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), and plan will be renewed. Account status will then show as "active."
Throughout this process, your service should be uninterrupted. You only need to contact a moderator for help if your service actually stops (can't make calls or use data).

Need Help? Let's chat.