cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't send or receive text and email

dbrpara
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

on my iphone 7+  for about 1o days I cannot receive or send text or email when not on wifi. I cannot find any help on community questions

9 REPLIES 9

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This happened to my WhatsApp b4.... there is a setting in IOS that stops individual apps from using data... and only working over WIFI.

IT's a simple toggle in settings and you'll be back up and running over 3/4G.

Good luck!

dbrpara

Server not responding.

Everything was working around 10 days ago.

Renewal was 3 days ago.

Reset phone no change

logged out and in with Apple ID

I get an IP address 

@dbrpara wrote:

data was on and network was reset and account is in good status with lots of data available

@dbrpara  Maybe try log out from your Apple ID and Log back in. Is the correct email associated with your Apple ID? Did you recently change ISP providers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dbrpara wrote:

data was on and network was reset and account is in good status with lots of data available

Are you able to see websites on the browser?

Were you able to do these things before 11 days ago?

Did this happen at your renewal?

dbrpara

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dbrpara wrote:

on my iphone 7+  for about 1o days I cannot receive or send text or email when not on wifi. I cannot find any help on community questions

Even without working cellular data or Wi-Fi, you should still be able to send text messages.  I would considering some of the iMessages settings so that your phone uses standard SMS porotcols so that you don't need to use up date unecessarily.  Since e-mail is not a service that Public Mobile provides, I am going to assume that all celluluar data usage is failing.   If you log into your self-serve account, how much does it say that you have remaining?  The data and add-on section, if it lists nothing, that means that you have run out.

I think he means changing settings in iMessage to use SMS rather than other internet connected servers where it would need wifi or cellular data to send/receive. It *should* work with wifi. And then he is wondering if you have used all your cellular data.

Here is the definitive thread on all things iOS and data.

@dbrpara wrote:

Even without working cellular data or Wi-Fi, you should still be able to send text messages.  I would considering some of the iMessages settings so that your phone uses standard SMS porotcols so that you don't need to use up date unecessarily.  Since e-mail is not a service that Public Mobile provides, I am going to assume that all celluluar data usage is failing.   If you log into your self-serve account, how much does it say that you have remaining?  The data and add-on section, if it lists nothing, that means that you have run out.

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you checked your account online to see if there is any data or text available?  Is your account active?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dbrpara wrote:

@dbrpara  Sounds like you don't have any data connectivity. Make sure data is on. If it's still an issue, the best thing to do is reset your network settings to see if that fixes your issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.