cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In call, no service, voicemail

rayc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi PublicMobile community,

Just curious about the services regarding missed calls.  Because I believe other providers have certain notifications so that the recipient will ‘never’ miss anything.

1.) If I am in a middle of a call, and someone calls me, do they get a busy tone? Or are they allowed to leave a message? Regardless, will I be notified somehow that they called?

2.) If I am in a no-service zone (ie underground parking lot) and someone calls me, will I be notified somehow (text, or email)?

Cheers, and stay safe everyone!

ray

3 REPLIES 3

@mpcdesign wrote:

2.) If I am in a no-service zone (ie underground parking lot) and someone calls me, will I be notified somehow (text, or email)?

If they called you, and you can't pick up, you will also get a phone notification that you also missed the call. No email. 

If you're in a no-service zone, have the phone in airplane mode or turned off, or if there's a network problem causing you to miss the call and the person doesn't leave a voice message, your phone will not notify you.  The phone will not be able to record the call as misssed and Public Mobile will not send any text or e-mail message about it. Public Mobile does not have what other providers such as Rogers, Fido, and Freedom refer to as Who Called or Missed Call Notifications.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@rayc.

1.) If I am in the middle of a call, and someone calls me, do they get a busy tone? Or are they allowed to leave a message? Regardless, will I be notified somehow that they called?

Yes, they will get to leave you a message. Plus, you will also get a phone notification that you also missed the call. I get these phone notifications from my wife! 

If they called you, and you can't pick up, you will also get a phone notification that you also missed the call. No email. 

So, depending on your phone, go to your 'Settings', and if by chance you have a search bar or magnifying tool, type in 'notifications.' Go through the settings that you want this turned on. I know my boss, turns on the 'Do Not Disturb while Driving' text when I call her back. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@rayc wrote:

Hi PublicMobile community,

Just curious about the services regarding missed calls.  Because I believe other providers have certain notifications so that the recipient will ‘never’ miss anything.

1.) If I am in a middle of a call, and someone calls me, do they get a busy tone? Or are they allowed to leave a message? Regardless, will I be notified somehow that they called?

Cheers, and stay safe everyone!

ray

If you are on a call you should get a beep that someone else is calling "call waiting".  IF you are out of service they will be able to leave you voicemail and when you return to service your phone should notify you that you have voicemail

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.