cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Free unlock codes for Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 edge

Just got off chat with Samsung. They no longer offer free unlock codes as they have authroized the carriers to do so. I am with Fido, and they want $50 for the code. I told them to forget it as I can get it done for $20 at any local cell shop.

Unfortunately they just don't give unlocked code for any provider, reason being is they have a limitation under the provider and manufacturer agreement, I did try but they will just direct you to call your own provider. Don't waste your time! They don't give unlocked code as they said they are just opening doors for stolen hand set to be operatable. Make sense! They are lots of company online that offers to unlocked your phone for under $10 and it's still cheaper compare to what the provider will charge you as I believe about $50. For me when your contract is up, providers must unlocked the phone as the contract has reach it's agreement, it just that they are all part of the circle of greedy business practice protected by law.
Mayor / Maire

Hey @StarLord,  thanks for the update.

I started this thread a really long time ago and its definitely outdated/irrelevant now.  A number of people took advantage of the free unlock codes back in the days when this was still relevant.  Cheers.  

jam

Thank You,  for the information. I got ahold of samsung and they unlocked my s7 for free, now i can use it with public mobile. Smiley Happy

jam

I just got samsung to unlock my s7 this morning. Maybe it was because i had purchased it at a samsung store? I was locked to virgin mobile. I'm now using it with public mobile! Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

Hi @jam!

Happy to hear that you got your phone unlocked for free from Samsung. 

Last year, people had success getting free unlock codes regardless of where they bought the phone from.   It was reported that telling the Samsung rep that you had bought your phone at Costco also guaranteed success.  

Mayor / Maire

I bought a Telus branded Samsung prepay from Bestbuy

Called Samsung up and they had no problem giving me unlock code since I was not under a contract / tab

That was just this week

Anyone try it to get a free unlock code from askunlock.net....is not exactly free,they say is a win win situation, but I dont know what to say...I registered and expect..to get.

Just received the unlock code for my Telus GS7 today. I used the online chat and pretty much received it right away.

Mayor / Maire

@Ride_GSXR, happy to hear they are still giving out the unlock codes.  Thanks for updating us.