cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest way to port your number

Aloba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi fellows mobile users !

Just want to share with you my experience.

Today I decided to join Public and move from Freedom Mobile.

I searched on this website and found that many people are complaining about losing their number and personaly went to WOW mobile boutique and I was told that is very hard to port my number and the rate of succeding that is 20%.

Well I have to tell you that Wallmart is helping you get the card for $0 and port your number in 30 minutes. Everything was done in the store and by the time I reach home my phone number was ported to Public mobile.

I was a Freedom Mobile since they came on the market and unfortunately they don`t value their customers and didn`t want to give me a new phone on MyTab and their signal is very poor, so I decided to go with Public.

Good luck !

5 REPLIES 5

Aloba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, I know very well that they don`t offer phones. Freedomobile on the other hand, they only offer you a phone on TAB by forcing you to change your plan and still paying 10$ or 20$ extra depending on your plan. I have been with Freedom( WIND ) since they came to market and my plan was 30 $ and ask for a new phone in 5 years on TAB with no monthly payment, they denied my request. I bought my own phone for 110$ from a website and was not able to use it on Freedom network. So I decided to leave and use that phone with Public which worked for me. Better signal, no zone and very happy with the new service.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Aloba wrote:

I was a Freedom Mobile since they came on the market and unfortunately they don`t value their customers and didn`t want to give me a new phone on MyTab and their signal is very poor, so I decided to go with Public.

@Aloba welcome abord.  Typically, the signal should be much better with Public Mobile, since it operates on Telus' excellent network.  That said, I find it interesting that the other reason you left FM is that they wouldn't give you a new phhone on tab, yet you've come to a provider which not only does not offer tabs for phone purchases, they actually don't even offer phone purchases at all.  I hope you didn't come here expecting that, or you will unfortunately be disappointed.  If you're here for the network quality however, you're in good hands.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@AlobaI am glad to hear you had a good experience. I joined public mobile and so far I am happy.

syphone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up and activated my SIM first before porting my number over to PM. It was very quick and easy.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you for sharing your experience.  I hope it helps others as well.

My experience in porting Bell Mobility numbers was excellent when I did it through Public Mobile's web site.  Unfortunately, I do not have any experience with porting from Freedom Mobile.  In a couple of weeks, I will port my family member's number from Freedom.  At that time I will share my experience because I will do it myself from home.

Need Help? Let's chat.