cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new number

farfel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am new    need to order sim card online    already have a land number   how do i change land number to public

3 REPLIES 3

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@farfel wrote:

i am new    need to order sim card online    already have a land number   how do i change land number to public

You can buy sim card online at the Getting Started part of publicmobile.ca or you can buy it at Public Mobile kiosk, Walmart, London Drugs, WoW Mobile, or KMobile. 

After you activate a new Public Mobile phone number, go to Public Mobile self serve and request change of numbet and tell it to transfer one from elsewhere.  

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@farfel wrote:

You can order the SIM card online (takes two to five business days to receive by Xpresspost) or pick up a SIM card at one of the following retailers listed below.  Once you activate the SIM card online or in-store, you can port your landline number into Public Mobile. It can take up to a week to complete the port for landlines.  You can also choose to port the landline number during the activation, but it will still take up to a week to complete the port of the landline number. 

Once you have your Public Mobile SIM card, you can go to Activate SIM card to activate the SIM card.  If you have a referral (you will receive a $10 credit and they will receive $1/30 days you stay with Public Mobile) you would enter the Public Mobile number of the person referring you during the activation process.

Retailers that sell Public Mobile SIM cards:

The Mobile Shop (inside Loblaws, Superstore, Zehrs)
Wow! Mobile boutique
London Drugs
K Mobile
Walmart

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The most important thing is to NOT close your account at your current carrier.  If you close it, you will lose your current phone number.  

You will find government info about transfering your number here and how to do it specifically with Public Mobile  here

You should note that for landline to mobile or mobile to landline, it typically takes up to 2 business days. 

Need Help? Let's chat.