cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Card Not Suppoted

100mileknight
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an unlocked iPhone 4S that I want to use with PublicMobile. Bought a PublicMobile SIM card and put it in but got "SIM Not Supported". My old SIM card still works, I checked that the phone is unlocked and I have restored my iPhone through iTunes and still get the same error.

How do I fix this???????

5 REPLIES 5

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@100mileknight wrote:

I have an unlocked iPhone 4S that I want to use with PublicMobile. Bought a PublicMobile SIM card and put it in but got "SIM Not Supported". My old SIM card still works, I checked that the phone is unlocked and I have restored my iPhone through iTunes and still get the same error.

How do I fix this???????

After old carrier tells you it is unlocked, back up your data and do factory restore. This is needed on old iPhone for unlock to be effective.  It will tell you in iTunes phone is unlocked after that.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@100mileknight wrote:

How do I fix this???????

That message means that the phone you think is unlocked is not. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@100mileknight wrote:

How do I fix this???????

@100mileknight Others in the past have mentioned that they had to access itunes twice with the PM sim in the phone before it worked.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Unlocking is now free so the first call i would make is to your old carrier just in case. There have been situations where putting in another carriers sim has locked the phone to their service. Regardless, it seems like the most logical first step. 

@100mileknight wrote:

How do I fix this???????

Your phone isn't unlocked if you are seeing that message. You'll need to have it unlocked before you can use it at Public Mobile.  The original carrier (if it's a Canadian carrier) should be able to help.

Need Help? Let's chat.