cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cymba
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Network locked SIM card inserted

Hi,

I ported my number from Fido to Public Mobile, and I get an error saying "Network locked SIM card inserted". My Fido SIM card is no longer active.

I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, which I bought from the Samsung store, so I know that my phone is unlocked.

It's been 3 hours, and I know porting numbers usually would not take this long. Please let me know what the problem is. Thank you!

Screenshot_2016-11-03-13-01-47.pngScreenshot_2016-11-03-13-03-15.png

Accepted Solutions
Crosserson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Network locked SIM card inserted

Your phone may have been locked to Fido when you inserted their sim card.  It seems your phone is locked to Fido right now.  

To check if your phone is locked (which it is)

Dial  *#7465625#  to check lock status.  I believe this should work on the Note 4.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Crosserson

Your phone may have been locked to Fido when you inserted their sim card.  It seems your phone is locked to Fido right now.  

To check if your phone is locked (which it is)

Dial  *#7465625#  to check lock status.  I believe this should work on the Note 4.

View solution in original post

nishufan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It looks you buy a locked phone. You can call Samsung customers services to make sure your phone is a unlock phone. 

cymba

Thank you for your inputs.

After contacting Samsung, It does appear that my phone was locked to Rogers (which I was never a customer). Apparently the Galaxy Note 4 was not sold unlocked; so, it looks like I was falsely informed by the sales representative from the Samsung Store.

Crosserson

Fido is Rogers.

You can unlock that phone for cheap.  Seach http://www.cellunlocker.net/

There are others out there too.

Yeah, your first screenshot is exactly what it looks like when you inserted a sim card into a phone locked by a different company.  You'll have to deal with Samsung (maybe, you can get them to unlock it for free for you), or you can purchase an unlock code from one of the numerous sellers on different websites and on ebay.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah, many sites will unlock your phone for cheap (MobiFree is 8 bucks, I used them for my wife's S5).  Unless you have a lot of time to kill, it's not worth the hassle of trying to get it unlocked without paying.

Talha

Hi...

i have this problem

my mobile is Samsung Galaxy Note5 w8 model

plz help me how can i remove this issue

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Talha.  Are you saying that when you startup your phone with the Public mobile SIM card you get a message about being network locked?  If so, I would guess that your phone is locked to another carrier.  Have you used this phone on Public Mobile previously, or are you just signing up.

If the phone is locked, you would need to get it unlocked by the company it is locked to.

Also, you have posted your message to a very old topic.  You should always start a new topic, so that you get an answer as fast as possible.

afrose

Tags (1)
Need Help? Let's chat.