cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple numbers transfer from 1 account

uorhun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 2 numbers with Rogers. I bought 2 SIM cards and I want to activate them each,  and I want to transfer my numbers from Rogers. Both numbers are under my name in the Rogers account. Since I cannot have 2 numbers for 1 account with Public AND only the account owner can transfer a number how do I transfer my 2 Rogers numbers??? Do I have to create 2 accounts with my name but with different email/login etc.? 

5 REPLIES 5

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@esjliv wrote:

Hello @uorhun ,

Each SIM / PM phone number needs its own email address. Just transfer them over with your name. After you have activated the Public Mobile SIM / accounts, you can change your name to whatever you wish through your SELF SERVE account.

Active here and port through activation here:

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

If you use Gmail or Outlook, you can simply add "+[any characters]" to your email address and it will create an alias email address, and PM will consider it to be a separate email address. For example, if your email address is "johndoe(at)gmail.com", you could simple register the email "johndoe+1(at)gmail.com" with you new public mobile account, and all email will be forwarded to the main email account. This way you can still use the same email account to register more than 1 public mobile account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @uorhun ,

Each SIM / PM phone number needs its own email address. Just transfer them over with your name. After you have activated the Public Mobile SIM / accounts, you can change your name to whatever you wish through your SELF SERVE account.

Active here and port through activation here:

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@uorhun : The name at this end doesn't matter. You'll need unique email addresses at this end. You can share the payment method though.

Don't forget to use a referral code for the first one in to get a $10 credit.

Edit: molasses

@uorhun wrote:

I have 2 numbers with Rogers. I bought 2 SIM cards and I want to activate them each,  and I want to transfer my numbers from Rogers. Both numbers are under my name in the Rogers account. Since I cannot have 2 numbers for 1 account with Public AND only the account owner can transfer a number how do I transfer my 2 Rogers numbers??? Do I have to create 2 accounts with my name but with different email/login etc.? 

Yes, you need two separate Public Mobile accounts.  The Public Mobile accounts can be created using any name you wish. Different e-mail addresses do need to be used for each account. On the number porting form, the proper name that is included on the Rogers bill needs to be used, bu the Public Mobile account itself can be in anyone's name.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@uorhun wrote:

@uorhun Short answer is yes, two accounts need two emails. If you use Gmail you can use an alias so emails from both go to one address. Activate 1 then use your new referral code to refer your second number. You will get a $10 bonus in one account and $1 month discount in the other one. Welcome to PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.