cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Service?

Geoffrey
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all,

I recently had to replace my phone, I have the same number, plan, SIM.

For some reason for the last two days Ive had limited service but mostly no service at all. Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks in advance

12 REPLIES 12

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Geoffrey you may want to take the phone back for exchange if possible, or take it to the Apple store and let them have a look.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Geoffrey

iPhone 6

90day/ 120 plan with 6 GB data on LTE

@Geoffrey wrote:

Limited service in this case mean that My phone either says "no service" at the top or "searching".

I was able to make one phone call yesterday and I had access to wifi in my home for about two hours in the evening. When I had wifi my phone said "no service".

Thanks

If there are no service outages reported in your locale and you are seeing searching or no service, I think the problem is with your phone.  It is somehow not able to connect to the network. 

Geoffrey

Hi there,

Im in settings: about

and it says network not avaialable but carrier says public mobile.

I dont see anything about frequencies, where do i find that?

three memebers of my family use iPhone 6's with public mobile and there are no issues.

Thanks

Geoffrey

I replaced my iPhone SE with an iPhone 6, Ive never had a problem with this before.

I had an iPhone 5C and replaced it with the SE and had no issues.

kyou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi something to consider...

Public Mobile works on following frequencies:
  • For 3G use (UMTS/HSPA): 850MHz/1900MHz bands.
  • For 4G/LTE use: 1700MHz/2100MHz bands.
  • For 4G/LTE use: 700 MHz band.

Ensure that your phone covers atleast one of these frequencies, as service will only be received if your phone supports it. All of this information should be accessible to you via the setting/About Phone option tab.

Hope this helps 🙂

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Geoffrey if you have replaced for a same phone model and have limited service, I think you should check phone hardware. If you have a new phone with different model, please make sure it's compatible with PM.

Geoffrey

Located in Kitchener/ Guelph area. I got the new phone sunday afternoon.

Geoffrey

Limited service in this case mean that My phone either says "no service" at the top or "searching".

I was able to make one phone call yesterday and I had access to wifi in my home for about two hours in the evening. When I had wifi my phone said "no service".

Thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Geoffrey, please elaborate on what limited service means.  We need more detail in order to provide focused suggestions.  In the mean time, take a look at the outage map and see if you are located in an area with an ongoing outage issue. 

http://canadianoutages.com/status/telus

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Geoffrey wrote:

Hi all,

I recently had to replace my phone, I have the same number, plan, SIM.

For some reason for the last two days Ive had limited service but mostly no service at all. Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks in advance

Where are you located?  How long have you been using the replacement phone?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What is your new phone make / model? What is your plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.