cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

referral code

Fabulous604
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Any way to add a referral code from a friend after activation? 

14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kb_mv 

So what else is new. 🙂 It's also old with the old orange colour scheme.

@kb_mv wrote:

@computergeek541 I think that is poorly worded. It says if YOUR friend forgets, PM cannot add the credit to YOUR account. It happens often though as you know, that the friend contacts the mods and has the referral code applied after the fact thus triggering the referral award to the account of the referrer.

There's also caess of retail employees making mistakes, situations that Public Mobile would be required to correct. It's possible for a similar code to be used by mistyping and actually be valid.

@computergeek541 I think that is poorly worded. It says if YOUR friend forgets, PM cannot add the credit to YOUR account. It happens often though as you know, that the friend contacts the mods and has the referral code applied after the fact thus triggering the referral award to the account of the referrer.

@kb_mv wrote:

@apollo wrote:

If that's the case, then can I still do it? Cause it clearly stated that it cannot be done on the site, and indicated that there are no exceptions. But is that is the case, I should contact them. Thanks for letting me know.

@apollo Where does it clearly state that it cannot be done after the fact no exceptions? Experience here says otherwise is the norm.

I see where it says you can't add it after activation and that is correct, a moderator has to add it for you.

If anyone else is wondering, this is where that is mentioned:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

@apollo wrote:

If that's the case, then can I still do it? Cause it clearly stated that it cannot be done on the site, and indicated that there are no exceptions. But is that is the case, I should contact them. Thanks for letting me know.

@apollo Where does it clearly state that it cannot be done after the fact no exceptions? Experience here says otherwise is the norm.

I see where it says you can't add it after activation and that is correct, a moderator has to add it for you.

apollo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@apollo wrote:

No, once done that is it. Have to be sure to enter it at at activation.

@apollo This is incorrect. As all of the replies before you stated (and I have experienced first hand) a moderator can and will do it after the fact.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@apollo wrote:

It's great to see you jumping in with all your enthusiasm. But you need to make sure the information you're adding is correct.

This is incorrect. Customers can have referral codes put in after activation. Customers can change referral codes in case some nefarious clerk inserts their own. The new customer still gets their $10 but the person who actually referred them with their code wouldn't've got the $1 reward.

apollo

Yaru

Contact the moderators and explain that you forgot to add it. Give them your friend's referral code and PM cell phone number.  Ask them to add it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe.  Welcome to PM. 

Yaru

it doesn't matter, either of the customer can do it, jst make sure to have the Referral code and the two customer numbers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fabulous604 wrote:

Any way to add a referral code from a friend after activation? 

Just so we're clear...the new customer needs to contact and do all this.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Fabulous604 Contact the moderators and explain that you forgot to add it. Give them your friend's referral code and PM cell phone number.  Ask them to add it for you. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe.  Welcome to PM. 

MikeNetOne

submit a ticket to the moderator team and explain it to them.  They should add your referral manually.

Need Help? Let's chat.