cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number port in/out question

ericrenca
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I wonder if someone can help me on this complicate situation. I do have a TELUS postpaid plan (account #1) and Public Mobile prepaid plan (account #2). Due to the high monthly charge of the TELUS postpaid plan, I purchased a TELUS prepaid plan (account #3) with cheaper rate and going to get rid of the TELUS postpaid (account #1). However I want to the following to be done.

1. transfer the number of Public Mobile prepaid plan (account #2) to the new TELUS prepaid plan (account #3),
  2. transfer the number of TELUS postpaid plan (account #1) to the Public Mobile prepaid plan (account #2) .

if it is doable, which step will  be done first?

Thanks,

Eric

3 REPLIES 3

@slusagm wrote:

technically, once you ported the number to Telus, the PM account will be closed, so can't be done in your case

there is a slim chance Telus support can help (Telus owns PM), but the chance is slim.  Talk to Telus support and ask them 

They won't do it. There's a specific policy about it.

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

technically, once you ported the number to Telus, the PM account will be closed, so can't be done in your case

there is a slim chance Telus support can help (Telus owns PM), but the chance is slim.  Talk to Telus support and ask them 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Nope @ericrenca , can't be done.

Once one of the numbers is ported, the number/account from which it came is closed and cannot 'receive' another number from another service.

But you could transfer the PM number to the new TELUS prepaid account.

Then, you could transfer the TELUS post-paid account number to a NEW PM account.   You'd need a new SIM card and e-mail address and go through the process as if you're activating a new PM account.

Need Help? Let's chat.