cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost cellphone

fg1921
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i lost my cellphone last saturday, March 3, 2018 and i want to cancel my subscription to PM and lock my phone, how can i do this? I can see that my phone is in somebody else already.

8 REPLIES 8

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes suspend just disables the sim so no one can use it. But the meter keeps running,  in that your renewal date still stays the same. I am assuming autopay would still trigger aswell but this is just an assumption

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I think the lost phone feature doesn't really "suspend" the service fully.  The sun card won't work, but the meter keeps on running in that those days with suspended service are chargeable days.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@fg1921wrote:

i lost my cellphone last saturday, March 3, 2018 and i want to cancel my subscription to PM and lock my phone, how can i do this? I can see that my phone is in somebody else already.

You should change all your passwords.  For email, banking, bill payments, social media, any sites, anything and everything you may have accessed on the phone or from the phone.

If the phone is already in use by someone else then it's not lost, it's stolen.  And if it's stolen then you should inform the police.  They may be able to track the phone (along with the phone thief) whenever it's active on the network.

PM is all prepaid, so it's impossible for the thief to give you a surprisingly expensive phone bill or credit card charge through PM service.  (Remember that PM sent you a PIN, once upon a time long ago, which might still be saved on your phone for all to read, lol, you should change it.)

After losing your phone, you don't need to necessarily cancel your Public Mobile subscription unless that is what you want.  When you get a new sim card and phone, you can resume service on your old plan (assuming that you still have a plan at that time that has already been paid for).

Also, you may wish to contact a moderator so that they can place the IMEI of your lost/stolen phone on the national blacklist.  That way, any of the cell phone towers in Canada will refuse to allow this phone to connect/make calls (except 911)/use data.

fg1921

thanks.

fg1921

thanks for the advice.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fg1921, Sorry to hear about your phone.  First thing to do is to log into your self serve portal, go to Plan and Add-ons, then Lost/stolen phone.  There you can suspend service.  If you manage to get your phone back you can simply re-activate it.  If you have set up auto-pay, you probably want to disable that also (remove the CC number info).

If you get your phone back, or another phone within 90 days, you can reactivate.

Good luck

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I would also blacklist your phone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.