cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message when trying to switch to old number

MizzSarah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to switch my PC mobile number to Public Mobile, I go to the phone number change, type in my number ... generic error message. Just tells me to log out and then back In.. what’s going on? I have been trying for an hour now, it’s all the same error.

3 REPLIES 3

MJ23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ported an active # to PM and had no issues. I kept my previous account active and PM ported fine, auto closed previous non-PM account and the process was fairly smooth.

Contact the mods here if this issue is unresolved.

Cheers,

MJ23

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

You need to have your number ported from PC mobile. To do that the number has to still be active with them. If you are in the process of porting it there may be a problem and you need to contact a moderator here  to complete it.

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@MizzSarah wrote:

I am trying to switch my PC mobile number to Public Mobile, I go to the phone number change, type in my number ... generic error message. Just tells me to log out and then back In.. what’s going on? I have been trying for an hour now, it’s all the same error.

EDIT: I need to go to sleep. It says the providor in the message... but yes as @Alex888 said you have to message the mods.

Who is your providor? If your number is Koodo prepaid or Telus you will have to message the mods to get it ported.

Need Help? Let's chat.