cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection timed out

jayjay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

get this error on a particular over seas forum but no other sites.

phone is Lumia 950,same trying 3 different browsers.

only happens using data,wifi works fine.

any suggestions? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

jayjay

can someone tag a mod? Thanks 🙏 

jayjay

yes it only doesn't work using data,wifi is fine,same phone,same browser.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jayjay pardon for asking but have you tried the same forum from other devices and it loads fine?  (Just trying to rule out the forum having an outage.)  Does it make a difference whether you are using mobile data or a WiFi connection when you try from your phone?  Are you able to load other sites just fine?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jayjay

been happening a week

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It could be. I would try it again tomorrow to see if it is still doing it and if so maybe connect with the Moderators to check it.

jayjay

it's a new bug,has loaded no problem the last year so was thinking some network problem 

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It may be timing out because of forum you are connecting to has a lot of information to download to open and the 3G data isn't connecting fast enough and it times out. If it is just this site, I would say everything is set up ok.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Could be the phone saying it easier long enough for a response and not doing it while on data. Great to see the 950 still in use .I am almost a year from when I moved on from my 950xl to Android

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.