cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confirmation text

confused3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to open up a account. When I populate my phone # it will not send me a confirmation text to my phone.

9 REPLIES 9

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Activating an account:
1. In a store. They sell or supply the sim. They activate the service but they don't make a self-serve account. You need to do that with the Create account button.
2. Yourself online. You buy the sim. You activate it. This creates the self-serve account.

Is your Public sim in the phone? Are your services working? Do you receive texts from others?

confused3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I am trying to open up a self serve account. When I populate field with my phone number and hit submit it says it will send me confirmation text. It never does. I have tried all your solutions none worked

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@confused3   I am not sure which confirmation text you are referring to but you don't receive any confirmation text from Public Mobile after populating the phone # field but only after the SIM is completely activated.   

Is your SIM completely activated? 

Hope this helps. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@confused3 

Is your old SIM in the phone while waiting for the text?

If you missed the 90 minute window, you will need to contact a CS_Agent by SIMon Chat on the bottom of this page or private message on top of this page to have them restart the porting process.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Sorry, we would need more info to give you the best course of action because could be very different solutions. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@confused3 wrote:

I am trying to open up a account. When I populate my phone # it will not send me a confirmation text to my phone.

If you activated a PM plan at a store, you want to create a self-serve account and was using the Create Account button on the login page.  

After supplying your new PM number on this page, you did not received a reply.  Am I correct? https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If yes, clear your browser cache and restart your browser and try again or use another browser.  Using private may help too.  Report results.  Thanks

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@confused3 wrote:

@confused3 

If you're trying to port a number from another provider, when you enter the number you wish to port, you then need to put the prior provider SIM card back into your device to receive the port authorization text.

Is this what you're trying to do and perhaps you placed your new Public Mobile SIM card in your device before receiving this?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@confused3  - have you activated a Public SIM card yet?

You need a current Public Mobile phone number to create a self serve account. You can activate here, if needed: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

@confused3 wrote:

What is this confirmation text message for? What are you trying to do?  Did you open an account at a store and are now trying to create the Self Serve account?

Need Help? Let's chat.