cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing from android to iphone

dale8202
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm triying to change my phone, but every when I put my SIM card, same one or a new one, it tell me :

SIM NOT SUPPORTED

I have been told to call last  service provider to unlock the phone, whitch I did and wanted 48 hr, and it still say 

SIM NOT SUPPORTED

Please if somebody have the answer or a way to talk to a tech to help me out, it would be appreciated.

26 REPLIES 26

@LurganIeUk wrote:

They, Québecor, has gone a long way from printing Sears Catalogs to becoming a Telco. 

Yes, everybody is trying to survive nowadays.

They, Québecor, has gone a long way from printing Sears Catalogs to becoming a Telco. 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Ask why does it take 48 hours? If that is what they actually told you.  It is possible the call taker puts your request in Sally’s basket. And Sally is overworked or on holidays. When they send the unlock process during the discussion they verify the imei as theirs first and  can also tell you if it’s, unlocked already OR that it was not sold by them. I have never heard of Videotron.....are they a Mickey Mouse outfit?

http://corpo.videotron.com/site/our-company/videotron-news/at-a-glance.jsp

Ask why does it take 48 hours? If that is what they actually told you.  It is possible the call taker puts your request in Sally’s basket. And Sally is overworked or on holidays. When they send the unlock process during the discussion they verify the imei as theirs first and  can also tell you if it’s, unlocked already OR that it was not sold by them. I have never heard of Videotron.....are they a Mickey Mouse outfit?

dale8202

thank, it still locked

phone videotron for 3 time

dale8202

i know, that was a test , i got 2 new from PM

Left the conversation.

@geopublic wrote:

@LurganIeUk  Those large fonts are hurting my eyes. 😎

Sorry 😘

Jeepers!!!

Did you try the iTunes reset?

Did you try the website that I sent you?

Can you try a friends or family members SIM card that is a different carrier than what was originally in your iPhone. 

You did not answer if the PM SIM is new or a PM SIM from your Android 

Did you find the imei in settings about...if no....it is possible you did not unlock YOUR phone. 

@LurganIeUk  Those large fonts are hurting my eyes. 😎

@dale8202 wrote:

just ry whit a virgin sim and does the same and virgin sim work in the other phone.

now i presume that the phone is not unlock

how do i unlock it , if videotron tell me they unluck it?

You need a new sim card for PM. To unlock your phone you need to contact your phone company you are currently with.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dale8202 Call them again and explain that all of your sims dont work. If they say they unlocked it say that its still not unlocked. They will have to do something. They cant just say the unlocked it and hang up.

@dale8202 wrote:

just ry whit a virgin sim and does the same and virgin sim work in the other phone.

As I previously suggested. Try this and report back. 

You can also try here https://imei24.com/check/iphone_lock_checker/ this “might” tell you if it is unlocked or what is the selling carrier....latter is not always giving the information....but if it does, it will be correct. 

@dale8202 wrote:

@dale8202  Keep calling them explain like above that the phone is still locked and ask them to unlock it or ask to speak to management.

dale8202

@BearFBI wrote:

@geopublic He has already unlocked the phone from what i understand and he is waiting the 48 hours for it to take place.

It does not take 48 hours unless the original phone provider has some Mickey Mouse delay before they input the request. Most do the request to Apple while they are in discussion with user. I believe Bell has a delay but is only an hour or so.  

iPhone unlocks are different. With android its a simple code

It is possible you have a defective SIM. Is it a new PM SIM or a PM SIM from your android phone? If a PM SIM from your android you also have a shot to import contacts from  SIM to iPhone. 

Does SIM in iPhone work in your droid. 

@gblackma wrote:

@dale8202 Try using this method to push through the changes and to confirm and reset the SIM sync to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

Thanks. Stay safe.  

Attach iPhone to a computer with iTunes installed with charge/sync cable. 

Start iTunes

Once iTunes sees your Phone 

Click the Phone icon on iTunes.

iTunes will show you information about the phone

Now select to do a full reset 

It will take some time 

“If” the iPhone is unlocked the last iTunes screen will say “Congratulations your iPhone is unlocked”

If you receive the unlock screen reseat Sim Card, reboot phone and it should work. 

If no unlock screen then go back to the original carrier that sold the phone and ask to have it unlocked. It’s a free service. You will need imei number that is most reliably found in “settings about”. It can also be on SIM card tray or back of phone...but for the latter no guarantee of being correct.....settings about finds the imei number on the mother board. 

You can also try here https://imei24.com/check/iphone_lock_checker/ this “might” tell you if it is unlocked or what is the selling carrier....latter is not always giving the information....but if it does, it will be correct. 

As correctly mentioned the carrier sends sends a request to Apple to unlock. They used to tell you the request could take a few hours. But is usually immediate.  There is no such thing as a code to unlock an iPhone. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dale8202 Try using this method to push through the changes and to confirm and reset the SIM sync to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

Thanks. Stay safe.  

@BearFBI wrote:

@geopublic He has already unlocked the phone from what i understand and he is waiting the 48 hours for it to take place. iPhone unlocks are different. With android its a simple code

@BearFBI  I know how iPhones get unlocked when the provider submits the IMEI to the Apple servers. 

Sometimes errors occur. That error suggests the the phone is still locked. @dale8202  should call the previous provider to get it resolved.

BearFBI

@dale8202 Have you tried with another SIM from another provider? You might also have to factory rest the phone. Ive had this problem once and that worked for me. Also have you ported over yet or activated the SIM?

dale8202

Hi,

yes I have restrated the phone more than once and call 2 time videotron, the told me tis unluck but still say sim card not supported. 

How can I unlock or verify myself if it's unluck?

BearFBI

@geopublic He has already unlocked the phone from what i understand and he is waiting the 48 hours for it to take place. iPhone unlocks are different. With android its a simple code

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dale8202 The iPhone is locked. You need to call the previous provider of the iPhone give them the IMEI number and ask them to unlock the phone. Once that happens you will be able to use it with Public Mobile.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@dale8202 Hello are you saying you already have gotten your phone unlocked or you were waiting 48 hours?You will need an unlock code from your previous provider

BearFBI

@dale8202 It seems like its still not unlocked. Have you restarted the phone. Uasally after unlocking an IPhone they ask you to restart it for it to unlock. PM cant help you. This is a problem with your previous service provider. I would call them again

Need Help? Let's chat.