cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change number

mazyarabdar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey,

I just registered a SIM and chose a number but not satisfied with the number and changed it.  the number has changed in my account but not in my phone. my sim is no longer active after changing the number in the account. Can you please help me?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@mazyarabdar number changes are only allowed once every 30 days. thats probably the reason your service is deactivated. 

@mazyarabdar wrote:

Thank you for your response but did not work. I already paid for the plan and I am going to be dissatisfied with Public.

please advise.

@mazyarabdar then contact the moderators to fix it for you... as already suggested above.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page, type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep checking the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

@mazyarabdar  Only people that can help you is the moderators they work for public mobile.

Simon.JPG

Or send them a private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mazyarabdar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for your response but did not work. I already paid for the plan and I am going to be dissatisfied with Public.

please advise.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@mazyarabdar wrote:

Hey,

I just registered a SIM and chose a number but not satisfied with the number and changed it.  the number has changed in my account but not in my phone. my sim is no longer active after changing the number in the account. Can you please help me?

Thanks

Hi @mazyarabdar why didn't you like the first number you chose?  so sad for the number 😭 lol jk.  Your sim card is just probably confused.  But you could try one or more of the below, maybe just need to kick start your Public Mobile network:

• rebooting your phone
  • removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it
  • go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode
  • reboot your phone again

Also, after any change on your self-serve account, always clear your browsing data, cache and cookies, before logging back in. 

Still not working?  then contact the moderators using the link provided above.

@mazyarabdar wrote:

Hey,

Thanks

This is an account problem and sounds like the system never updated the phone number on Public Mobile's end. Try rebooting your device. If that doesn't work, proceed to https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot to open a ticket.

Need Help? Let's chat.