cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cellular network

Kp1003
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have iphone 11 and i have been using Public Mbile network on it since 4 months now. Recently i got a notification saying update failed cellular network cant work. When i tried to restore the phone now its not working and saying unable to activate.

I am not sure if it happened due to public mobile network or the SIM doesnt support the phone any longer.

9 REPLIES 9

@Kp1003 remove the sim and turn on your phone. update your iPhone to the latest software. 

Kp1003

My phone is off,there is no way I can check the settings.

Kp1003

its a new phone and i recently got it from Apple store itself. the sim was working until Sunday 3  may, and now all of a sudden I got this notification.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Kp1003  Did you purchase that phone new or used? If used, it's possible that the phone has been blacklisted. To confirm test the sim in another phone. If it works, then your phone has been blacklisted for sure.

Kp1003

tried that and its not working. I even tried to put it in a recovery mode . Nothing is working as such.

rhbcc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

sometimes trying to get the sim card out your iphone and resetting it does the trick apart from the suggestions above.

Ive experienced the same before and did what I suggested.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Kp1003 I would try to use the same SIM in another phone to see whether or not the problem is with a card rather than with the device. Could you do that? Let us know so we could assist further. Thanks.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Kp1003 try resetting your network settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

a software update from Apple could've caused this issue. you can also try seeing if there are any carrier updates

go to Settings-> General-> About

@Kp1003 wrote:

Hi,

I have iphone 11 and i have been using Public Mbile network on it since 4 months now. Recently i got a notification saying update failed cellular network cant work. When i tried to restore the phone now its not working and saying unable to activate.

I am not sure if it happened due to public mobile network or the SIM doesnt support the phone any longer.

If you go to devicecheck.ca, what's the status of your IMEI?  If possible, try your sim card into another known working phone that is compatible with Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.