cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account creation problems

mdp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

had problems creating and loading the sim card for a new account.

I got to the processing stage and the next page came up  "error 404"

i have tried to go to the my service section of public mobile.  It will not accept my phone number.  

Also attempted to re-do the application and it recagnizes the phone number and states it is on hold for the next hour.  

They do not have payment information yet.  

What do i do?

3 REPLIES 3

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mdp 

Check your credit card online to determine whether there is a pending charge from PM.

If not, you can try the activationa agin after 1 hour wait.

PM webpages do not handle session status correctly.  Restart your browser will ensure a fresh session state.  Any time you need to go back a page.  Also restart your browser.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@mdp wrote:

had problems creating and loading the sim card for a new account.

I got to the processing stage and the next page came up  "error 404"

i have tried to go to the my service section of public mobile.  It will not accept my phone number.  

Also attempted to re-do the application and it recagnizes the phone number and states it is on hold for the next hour.  

They do not have payment information yet.  

What do i do?

As @kselmak mentions, try again 1 hour. Your SIM number is likely locked during your last attempt.

Also good idea to clear your browser cache before retrying with incognito mode.

During the activation process, always use the navigation buttons on the bottom of the webpage. Do not use the page back function of your browser as this can cause problems.

Are you porting over your number from another carrier? It is recommended to sign-up with a new number first. Once you've confirmed everything is working and you like the service, you can then port over your number.

Here are some tips to help customers save even more:

1) Sign-up for AutoPay. You get $2 off every 30 days.

2) Use a referral code to get $10 credit. The new customer gets $10 credit and the referring customer gets $1 off every 30 days (for as long as the new customer stays with PM).

3) If you're activating $25 (or more) plan before end of November, use promo code PMLOVE2019 to get a free 2GB data (one-time only) add-on. This data will stay on your account and roll-over to the next cycle until it is fully consumed.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

You will have to wait for a hour

Clear cashe too, the sim is locked to the old session

Redo it in incognito mode, In that mode the website is much more stable

Don't forget your referral code, if you stunt have one you can search for it on the web or ask members privately, it's not allowed to be shared here publicly

Welcome to public mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.