cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock iPhone

nice1234guy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My iPhone SE is locked to Telus.  I hade been using this phone with Public for almost one year.  Can I ask Public to unlock my cell phone?  Free of charge unlock phone starting tomorrow?

7 REPLIES 7

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @criveros,

thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and for your patience!

I am confirming that we've received your private message - one of the mods will be with you shortly 🙂

Kind regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

criveros
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How long did it take for them to reply and unlock your phone?

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@nice1234guy wrote:

My iPhone SE is locked to Telus.  I hade been using this phone with Public for almost one year.  Can I ask Public to unlock my cell phone?  Free of charge unlock phone starting tomorrow?

YEs you can ask PM to unlock for free.

We just did that about a week ago & my wife's iphone 6s was locked to Koodo & PM unlocked.it.

Info is here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Unlocking-Your-Phone/ta-p/5237/jump-to...

nice1234guy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got a reply email from Mod.  They can unlock my cell phone for free with these info:

phone number, account number and IMEI

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@nice1234guy I agree with @Taekgun, the exact rules of unlocking are not clear at the moment and it is also not clear if PM will be unlocking telus or koodo locked phones. 

But you can always try your luck by sending a nice private message to @CS_Agent

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nice1234guy

I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to this question just yet.  I would send a private message to the moderators asking if they can facilitate this request starting tomorrow or do you need to call Telus directly.  Send them a private message using this link: @CS_Agent, provide them with your name, account number and an explanation of the issue and they will be able to look into the matter for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.