cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two cell phones on one account?

Rob1963
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So my friend wants to join with two cell phones. She will use my referral code for the first phone that is obvious, can she use her referral code to sign up her second phone? How will that work? TIA.

4 REPLIES 4

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes that is possible. When she signs up, she needs to login to her new online account. You do  not need to complete the porting process to do this. On the main Overview page on the right hand side near the top will be her referral code. She can use that to refer the next account. 

This code is assinged to the account, not the phone number. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rob1963 wrote:

So my friend wants to join with two cell phones. She will use my referral code for the first phone that is obvious, can she use her referral code to sign up her second phone? How will that work? TIA.

@Rob1963  Public does not support having two cell phones under one account. So she will have to activate the first sim and use your code. Once the fist sim has been activated she should get her referral code ready and then activate the second sim (will require a new email or an alias of the first email), and enter her referral code. For AutoPay both accounts can use the same credit card.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Rob1963 wrote:

One number per account with its separate e-mail address. (you can use e-mail alises and the same credit card for both accounts)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rob1963  - Once your friend signs up (using your referral code), she will get/set up her self serve on the first account.  From there, she has the referral code OF her first account, which she can use when signing up for her second account.  Keep in mind that you cannot have two phones/numbers on the same account.  Each phone gets its own account.  Thus it IS possible to refer yourself.

Need Help? Let's chat.