cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble activating

40creek
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I am new to PM and signed up for the promo. I activated my SIM last night, paid, and chose a new phone number. The SIM would not connect to any network, but I thought it may be because my house has poor service. I waited overnight, and now have driven around only to find it won't connect anywhere.
I have another phone still connected to Telus, so I decided to call my new PM number. A gentleman answered which clearly indicates to me that neither my SIM nor new number are properly activated.
Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @40creek

I'm really sorry about this and for the delay in our response, 

If you're still having issues, could you send me your Public Mobile SIM card number or account number via private message? I will look into this for you!

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

sabean
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated one this morning and it seemed to go through on the website fine. It is showing my account and correct autopay rewards, can reconfigure passwords web-side and all that. I can't get any cell tower connection either though. When I call the number I selected it goes directly to a voicemail with a generic call prompt, but does allow me to leave a message. Texts also go through as sent but are never received. It is unsettling that you actually reached someone with your PM number, your problem almost sounds like the incorrect SIM card number got activated or the number you got was also activated and the system never caught 2 accounts activating the same number at the same time.

Personally I wish there was a way online to confirm the SIM number entered, it *** mine out so I can only assume it was correctly received by the system.

Right now all you can do is email them through the contact us or find a forum MOD and PM them for help. I'm sure it can be resolved, hopefully you done as I did and waited to port the number until the Public Mobile account was functional.

Need Help? Let's chat.