cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toronto Number

Sirgool
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i wanted to change my 647 to another 647/416 number can someone help me?>?

5 REPLIES 5

@wetcoaster wrote:

@will13am

Here is the thread I was referring to: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Looking-to-change-my-phone-number/m-p...

And Marie-Helene's statement

I stand corrected. 

@will13am wrote:

Getting available phone numbers is like games of chance.  I don't see how moderators can do much to help.  If the number is available, then anyone can get it.  If not, they can't take an assigned number away from a customer.  I would suggest the only feasible way forward is to check the system every morning to see what numbers have been released for use.  It's tedious, but what can you do with a first come first serve system.

Sorry, I don't have access to full search functionality on my phone, so not able to track it down right now, but there was a thread this summer that concluded that you're shown a wider variety of numbers when first signing up than when you are trying to change numbers as an existing customer.

One of the mods then chimed in and said that they can search the full pool of available numbers. (I try to find that thread / post later.)

I'm sorry that I wasn't entirely accurate. Of course you have only access to numbers that are available in the pool, whether you are in self serve or "talking" to a mod. But you might have a preference of area code and/or local prefix combination.

For example, out here on the west coast we have an overlay of 250 and 778 area codes. When I first signed up I got the choice of a mix of 250-abc-xxxx, 250-def-xxxx and 778-ghi-xxxx numbers for my town. If I wanted to change my number in self-serve now I can only choose from a couple of 778-ghi-xxxx numbers, even when checking back / refreshing regularly.

What I'm trying to say is that it seems that mods have access to the full pool and might be able to advise if you could still get a 250-abc-xxxx number (my example of course, I don't have the time to look into Toronto area codes and local numbers...)

@wetcoaster wrote:

I assume that you are looking at getting a completely new number?

Go into your self-serve account. Under Plans & Add-ons you'll find the Change Phone Number tab.

Choose your area and pick a number. (I think you can "refresh" the list if you don't like any of the choices.)

If you are looking for a more specific number you can contact the moderators and see if they can do a search for you from their end.

Here is how to contact the @Moderator_Team, if you are unsure on how to go about it:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

It is my understanding that you can only change your number every 30 days.

Getting available phone numbers is like games of chance.  I don't see how moderators can do much to help.  If the number is available, then anyone can get it.  If not, they can't take an assigned number away from a customer.  I would suggest the only feasible way forward is to check the system every morning to see what numbers have been released for use.  It's tedious, but what can you do with a first come first serve system.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

I assume that you are looking at getting a completely new number?

Go into your self-serve account. Under Plans & Add-ons you'll find the Change Phone Number tab.

Choose your area and pick a number. (I think you can "refresh" the list if you don't like any of the choices.)

If you are looking for a more specific number you can contact the moderators and see if they can do a search for you from their end.

Here is how to contact the @Moderator_Team, if you are unsure on how to go about it:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

It is my understanding that you can only change your number every 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.