cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts wont come through

Maddy123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I forgot to pay my bill on the date it was due so my phone was temporarily disconnected for 1 day until I paid the bill. 

People told me they were texting me while my phone was disconnected so I assumed the messages from these people would come through when I paid my bill and my phone was reconnected. No texts came through.

Help.

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Maddy123 wrote:

I forgot to pay my bill on the date it was due so my phone was temporarily disconnected for 1 day until I paid the bill. 

People told me they were texting me while my phone was disconnected so I assumed the messages from these people would come through when I paid my bill and my phone was reconnected. No texts came through.

Help.

This is a prepaid service. There's a little bit of a grace period of some use until sometime in the morning of the new yet unpaid term. But beyond that...you are suspended. No calls in/out. No texts in/out. No data. Why would one assume that any services would do anything even in the background after that.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Maddy123 , why don't you set your account to AutoPay. It has some great benefits, like $2 bucks off each month. And most importantly, you would never miss any missed texts! 

I like to make sure I have enough funds in my account so, I don't miss a payment. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Maddy123 wrote:

Help.

I wouldn't count on the texts coming through.  When the US roaming bug was around (supposedly has been fixed) and it wouldn't allow receiving text messages when it cleared up a day later those not received texts didn't come in.  They were lost

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

coleeeeee17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When that used to happen to me a long time ago, I would restart my phone, make sure flight mode is not on, and that there is no dirt in the sim card slot. Unfortunately I waited too long once and had to ask my friends what they texted me. Sometimes you can find it in your phones sent and received page. Records of incoming and outgoing messages. Usually linked closely with the contacts page. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If it's been less than 5 days, try restarting your phone. If it's more than most likely you won't be able to retrieve them, sorry

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Maddy123 wrote:

Help.

@Maddy123 Try to restart your phone. If it will continue, click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Do they show up on the usage history list

They should be available for you to to 5 days. 

Try contacting moderatorshttps://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

Need Help? Let's chat.