cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Notifications

anika587
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just set up my SIM card today and I was wondering if I get notifications when I pass 50% data ussage. My old provider did not do that and it was a real pain to deal with. I can't find a notification on the site to add this option.

5 REPLIES 5

iliusfaisal
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

PM will automatically notify you probably at 75% and 90% data usage

@anika587 wrote:

Thank you so much!

@anika587  Also please not that PM is strictly a prepaid service so if you use up all your data it just stops working, there aren't any overage charges ever.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@anika587 Your best bet is to set your phone data tracker to keep it for you. Set the alert to 80 or 90%. Make sure you set your cycle properly as well. Once you get there, just log into your my account occasionally as that data usage is the only true indicator of your remaining data. 

Edit: Although PM will send you those emails, it will not if you have extra data available, like the current 1GB promo for Holiday gifts.

anika587
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@anika587 wrote:

Just set up my SIM card today and I was wondering if I get notifications when I pass 50% data ussage. My old provider did not do that and it was a real pain to deal with. I can't find a notification on the site to add this option.

@anika587  Yes, PM will send texts also when %75 and %95.

Need Help? Let's chat.