cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxes or other charges

donnydar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the $50 plan with the $2 discount for autopay.  My question is, why is my bill total $53 and some change. Every other provider I have been with does not charge taxes on their quoted rate.  Second question - where can I find my bill to review it?

6 REPLIES 6

jeffhawkes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I get what they are saying..... 

they are saying that a quoted amount owing usually includes the tax so as a customer you know the exact amount you need to pay, or, if you are doing auto payment, the amount you will be charged. 

However,  public mobile does not include the taxes in the amount owing total and they do not keep any record of any taxes you paid in your payment history. this leads to confusion because your bank shows your payment was higher than public mobile is showing you paid them.

Basically public mobile needs to be clearer on the amount owing and on the accounting history of payments made so that both their numbers and their customers banking numbers match. 

Especially since they talk about no hidden fees in their marketing but doing the accounting this way makes it look like they are charging hidden fees, when in fact its just tax.   

--------Public Mobile please take note and make some changes to this so your customers understand exactly what they are paying every month. It frustrating so see this kind of amateur, neglectful accounting from an otherwise great service provider.------------ 

@donnydar 

No other providers charge tax on top of their rate? Really? Taxes have to be paid so you are saying all other providers who say $50/month are including the tax in the $50? I have no first hand info but I highly doubt that as it is a competitive world and that just makes that providers plans look more expensive for what you get compared to providers who do NOT include tax in their rate.

AE_Collector

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@donnydar wrote:

I have the $50 plan with the $2 discount for autopay.  My question is, why is my bill total $53 and some change.

@donnydar  Taxes get charged at time of purchase. In your case for your first plan renewal after activation should be:  50 - 2 - 2 = $46 plus tax. After that is should be 50 - 2 = $ 48 plus tax

Every other provider I have been with does not charge taxes on their quoted rate.  Second question - where can I find my bill to review it?

In Canada every provider must charge tax. Note that the payment history via selfserve shows after tax amounts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@donnydar wrote:

I have the $50 plan with the $2 discount for autopay.  My question is, why is my bill total $53 and some change. Every other provider I have been with does not charge taxes on their quoted rate.  Second question - where can I find my bill to review it?

Love to hear who all these providers are. We could all save upwards to 15% on our cell bills.

48 * 1.12 = 53.76

50 - 2 plus bc taxes = 53 and some change.

There is no bill. You can see your transactional activity under Payment history.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@donnydar public mobile charges taxes for everything. I've been with almost every provider other than freedom and they all charge taxes... 

there is no bill, but you can review your charges in your self serve account. click on "view payment history" under "make a payment"

*taxes are not shown on the self serve portal

you can contact customer support mods here to ask for a bill to review. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.