cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Plans Question

JeffDoc71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone,

I've been a customer with Public Mobile since the beginning so I have my $5 per month loyalty discount, along with a $2 per month subscription discount (I still have no idea what the difference is between a monthly plan and a subscription) and I have a 1$ per month friend referral discount.

Having said that, I am on a $39 per month 20GB 4G Canada-Wide unlimited calling plan.

I see that I can switch to a $50 per month 40GB 5G Canada and USA unlimited calling plan.

Here's where my question comes in....

2 days ago was my monthly billing date.  I was successfully auto-billed $35.65 (my plan price with taxes included, MINUS my monthly discounts outlined above.)

I went to change my plan to the new $50 plan and it indicated that I would be billed $57.50 today.

Why, when I paid my $35.65 montly payment two days ago (which, as I understand it, is a pre-payment for the upcoming month) would I be billed another $57.50 today on top of what I paid two days ago for the current month?

It seems like I would be charged $35.65 for only two days of usage and another $57.50 for the rest of the month.  Can someone please help me make sense of all of this?  I'd be eternally grateful.  🙂

Also, if someone could explain to me the difference between a 90 day subscription vs a month to month account, I would greatly appreciate it.  Apparently, I am on a subscription as it says I have a $2 per month Reward discount for subscription, however, I see no difference between it and a month to month plan as I am billed each month for the upcoming 30 days.

Thanks, In Advance,

Jeff 

3 REPLIES 3

JeffDoc71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you both for the information.  It makes perfect sense now.

I very much appreciate your kind assistance and detailed explanations.  You are both a credit to the PM Community!

Kudos given to both.  🙂

Warmest,

Jeff

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JeffDoc71 

Make sure you switch to the new plan on your next renewal date. If you switch plan now (before your renewal date), you will be charged on your current plan plus the new plan.

The 30 day plan, your will receive the $2 credit on your renewal date. On the 90 day plan, you will pay the full amount $150 ($50 x 3) up front then your $5 and $2 credit will applies every 30 days over the 90 days plan.

Once a plan is paid for and starts, it's not refundable.  To swtich plans again without losing what you've already paid, please pre-schedule a change to the desiered plan that takes effect at your next time of renwal.

When it comes to your rewards, there are no monthly plans at Public Mobile. All currently offered plans are either 30 or 90 days.   The only difference for the reward payments will be that the autopay reward will be paid as $6 once per 90 days.  All other rewards will get paid the same as they did if you had stayed on a 30-day plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.