cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Voicemail Notifications

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have received a couple voicemail notifications in the last few days on my iPhone 6. I will receive a notification of a new voicemail but no recent calls showing in my history and the phone has not rung. A red notification shows under the voicemail icon but when I call my voicemail there is no message there. First time it happened it was a few days after not answering a number I didn’t recognize. At the time I thought that’s strange it took so long for the message to come in but in fact there is no message. Anyone else getting these strange random voicemail alerts?

4 REPLIES 4

Lowufo

It happened again today. Phone did not ring or show anything in recent history but there was an alert of a new voicemail. Call into the voicemail and it says you have one new message but nothing is there? Must be a system glitch. I have been with Public Mobile for a year with four lines and only one of the four has been doing this in the last few days.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

If a number is blocked, your phone will not ring, but will accept voice mail. Do any numbers that you don’t recognize show in your recents. If yes click the i in the circle and scroll down and block the number if it has not been already. 

A number being blocked can certainly cause calls to go directly to voicemail. However, the number being blocked can't make the phone inform the customer of a new message when there are none.

@LurganIeUk 

Is it a blank/hangup message (or one where the system tell you there is a message but you hear nothing, or does it actually say that you have no new messages?

Lowufo

That’s the strange part nothing in recent calls and no numbers blocked. Last time it happened the voicemail notification sound just went off and showed a message but in fact no message in voicemail and zero recent calls. Not really sure what’s up with the random notifications. Phone has current iOS and has been restarted. I was just curious if anyone else was getting the random notifications. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

If a number is blocked, your phone will not ring, but will accept voice mail. Do any numbers that you don’t recognize show in your recents. If yes click the i in the circle and scroll down and block the number if it has not been already. 

Need Help? Let's chat.