cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card not working

AdamDio
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went into Walmart today to set up a new account for my son. They set me up for auto pay and got all of my info. Set up a number etc. When he put the SIM into the phone it would not work. I would not work in any phone. 

Big issue: I can't receive texts to set up my online account and fix this. He gave me a new SIM to do this but I can't do anything because the account needs a verification text to set it up--Again, without a working SIM this is not impossible. 

This is very frustrating. Is there a simple fix? Am I missing something here? This seems to be a huge flaw in the system. I submitted a ticket, but 48hours seems excessive. 

14 REPLIES 14

AdamDio

I did use a different address. I have received a message from CS and they said that there is an issue and that their techs are working to resolve it. Hopefully it won’t take too long. Thanks for asking. 

@AdamDio wrote:

No welcome email either, but I set another account up yesterday it works, but no welcome either. 

@AdamDio when you set up the 2nd account did you use a different email than the first one?

Each account / activate SIM needs it's own unique email address.

AdamDio

Thanks for all the help, folks. CS has contended me and they are working on a solution. Fingers crossed that it's an easy one. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AdamDio wrote:

No welcome email either, but I set another account up yesterday it works, but no welcome either. 

Did you activate in store yesterday or online?

If you do not receive a welcome email, there may be a typo in your email address during activation.

Are you using the same email address to activate a new plan today?

If yes, this may be why today's SIM card does not work.  Each account needs a new email address.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AdamDio 

you have to waitng to CSA the will Responses to you as soon as possible....

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

AdamDio

thanks for the help--will do

AdamDio

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AdamDio : And you see the charge on your payment card? The CSA's will get you sorted. Try to focus on getting your original SIM working. If they say there's some kind of problem with it then you would know why the SIM isn't working. Then you can tell them to use the replacement SIM. But it would be nice for you to keep the spare that the store nicely gave you.

AdamDio

Nothing Shows up--and I have tried it in other phones. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AdamDio 

The CSA wait time is up to 2 days.  But usually without a few hours.

While waiting... We will help you to determine whether you SIM card was activated or not.

Is "Public Mobile" showing on top notification bar on your phone?

If yes, your SIM card was activated at the store.

Did you received a PM welcome email?

If not, your SIM card may not be activated yet.

AdamDio

credit card and it was set up for auto pay. So, I am a little nervous that I can't even access the account to stop payment if it does not work out.  

AdamDio

New number 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AdamDio : Don't do anything with that replacement SIM yet. The 48 hours is really _up_ to 48. You should get a response inside of an hour or two.

Was a payment taken by either voucher or payment card?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AdamDio 

do you transfer your old number or getting a new number !

Need Help? Let's chat.