cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim card doesn’t work

Assie71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We’re in Canada on vacation and one of the sim cards (with plans) we purchased doesn’t work. The phone works with the other sim cards (also public mobile) and the sim card doesn’t work in the other phines either, so it’s definitely the sim card and not the phone yhat is the problem. Now what to do?

8 REPLIES 8

@Assie71 wrote:

I’ve tried to login, but it didn’t let me

Click here to register your selfserve account. If that doesn't work the I think your best option is to notify Public Mobile to check the status of your sim. Just include the problem sim number with your message. To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Assie71

I’ve tried to login, but it didn’t let me

@Assie71 wrote:

We’be bought it at a local Walmart. They’ve activated it for us, but the phone we had with us was locked, so we couldn’t check it. Now two out of the three cards work. The third one doesn’t. When I tried to activate it, it immediately states ‘invalid sim number’

@Assie71 That error means that the card has already been activated. Can you login to selfserve and check your plan status? Does it say active?

Assie71

It says ‘no service’

Assie71

It states ‘no service’

Assie71

We’be bought it at a local Walmart. They’ve activated it for us, but the phone we had with us was locked, so we couldn’t check it. Now two out of the three cards work. The third one doesn’t. When I tried to activate it, it immediately states ‘invalid sim number’

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Assie71 wrote:

We’re in Canada on vacation and one of the sim cards (with plans) we purchased doesn’t work. The phone works with the other sim cards (also public mobile) and the sim card doesn’t work in the other phines either, so it’s definitely the sim card and not the phone yhat is the problem. Now what to do?

@Assie71 Does the sim connect to the network? What is displayed on the phone when you insert the card? No service?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Assie71  hi if you switched phones like you say  maybe the second account wasnt activated did you use a different email during activation ? that is a must they have to be different also do you see second transaction on your credit card?

Need Help? Let's chat.