cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim activate

audreychoga
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

i can’t seem to activate my sim and it won’t take my payment too. 

5 REPLIES 5

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@audreychoga 

What does the message say when you try to activate it?

If it is declining payment you can try a different credit card?

If you tried to activate a sim card and it failed, the sim card gets locked out for 50 mins.

I suggest waiting for 1 hour and trying again. You can try to clear your cache, browsing history, and try incognito mode.

Let me know how it went.

Cheers

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @audreychoga 

What is your method of payment?

If you are using credit card leave apt number blank and don't put space in your postal code.

If you sim comes as invalid it's probably locked to previous session you will have to wait for 50 minutes and try again.

Best to use Firefox or chrome on incognito mode.

Don't forget to enter your friend's referral code when you are reentering the form, that check mark is not selected by default.

Welcome to public mobile

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@audreychoga You can try to wait for 2 hours and try again after clearing cache and cookies of your browser and using incognito mode.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@audreychoga wrote:

Hi,

i can’t seem to activate my sim and it won’t take my payment too. 

@audreychoga  In some cases sim cards will get activated even if the activation process hangs or errors. Try your sim card in your phone. Does it connect to the network? Are you able to call *611?

If not, then try the activation again in about an hour so that you current session lock clear out.

Keep us updated.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Also, you can try a different browser.

There is also a new online activation chat:

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

Need Help? Let's chat.