cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Idea

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Many carriers are now starting to offer rollover data. With Xplornet in Manitoba and soon Fizz in Quebec to offer rollover data, Public Mobile may want to concider it. Depending how pricing is for Fizz Mobile when they launch I am thhinking of joining due to rollover data. 

If PM wants to keep customers from moving to carriers with rollover data it's time to do the same. I'm sure Telus and Koodo would get it before PM but would be worth it.

7 REPLIES 7

tehowennathe

Xplornet Mobile just launched in Manitoba and Fizz Mobile in Quebec and Ottawa is currently testing.  Fizz launches in 2019 and is owned by major Quebec carrier Vidrotron. Compition in Quebec and Manitoba is increasing.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Nah, I don't see this coming in the near future. Public Mobile is still competitive enough. And if the big competition won't do this, PM will hold back as well.

(never heard of Xplornet or Fizz... so they are not popular for the majority of Canadians).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

We must also be mindful that Public Mobile doesn't really operate like what I would call a "pure prepaid" service.  They sell 30 day plans that are pretty much postpaid type service.  Postpaid service isn't truly postpaid.  It consists of a prepaid component (the routine monthly charge) and a postpaid component consisting of overages and additional usage not covered by the monthly plan. The add-on component more closely resembles prepaid.  With these two segments covered, it may be hard for them to want to take usage in the 30 day plan and eliminate expiry on it. 

I used to use Tbaytel for data.  Their data is sold in much larger buckets at much better pricing.  A 20GB data bucket went for $100 and without expiry.  Perhaps, this is something that would work for customers here. 

tehowennathe

If they did offer it I wouldn't be watching my data and when driving in areas of Quebec that has no English radio would come in handy for music streaming without worrying about data.

tehowennathe

Fizz Mobile is PM's biggest soon to be compition in Quebec. It's prepaid like PM and on the Videotron network.  It's not for sure Fizz Mobile will offer rollover data. It was reported they are looking at it. If Fizz does offer it we could see many people in Quebec leave PM provided the Fizz Pricing is comparable

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tehowennathe wrote:

Many carriers are now starting to offer rollover data. With Xplornet in Manitoba and soon Fizz in Quebec to offer rollover data, Public Mobile may want to concider it. Depending how pricing is for Fizz Mobile when they launch I am thhinking of joining due to rollover data. 

If PM wants to keep customers from moving to carriers with rollover data it's time to do the same. I'm sure Telus and Koodo would get it before PM but would be worth it.

Picture creaky old man with the squeeky voice...back in the day...with the old bulletin board services and 2400 baud modem dial-up, you often saw where they boasted that your quantities would accumulate. Whatever the marketing words were anyway. You pay each month. You get some kind of quantity (jeez it's been so long...what was it... time online). If you don't use all of it then it adds on to and above the new quantity of the new month. Now you get that new month you just paid for plus what remained of the last month. And on.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is a good idea and competition is what will drive universalization of such changes to the benefit of the customer.  Public Mobile seems to take its cue from Chatr and Lucky Mobile.  Let's hope the tier 3 brands latch onto this.

Need Help? Let's chat.