cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Cut off

jokunt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why when I am on autopay with sufficient funds to cover the payments.

So if tomorrow morning I have no service I will consider that you no longer wish to provide me with service and consider the account closed

20 REPLIES 20

Chinook7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you!

@Chinook7 contact a moderator  click on the ? Bottom right hand corner Ask Simon to speak to a human this will help create a ticket to speak to a moderator       check the envelope top right corner for a reply response time is 2 to 48 hours

Chinook7

Hello: how do I get assistance from a moderator, please? I have been without service for two days now through no fault of my own. 

Unitedcpburton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Could a moderator help me 

Chinook7

Could a moderator assist with this issue, please? I use this phone to work remotely.

Chinook7

No, I didn't try making the payment before I edited the card. I've now tried removing the card and re-registering, signing up for autopay but get the same message:

Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

How can it not be able to verify my card info? It's the same card I've been using since I signed up for this service.

@Chinook7 try removing the card and then re-registering

did you try making a payment before you edited your card?

Chinook7

I logged in to make sure my credit card information was correct and it looked fine. I tried editing the card information, just to be sure, but got this message: 

"Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged."

There is no issue with my credit card. I checked it with my provider.

@Chinook7 I think there are system issues causing this problem. try making a manual payment choose "other, enter desired amount" and then clicking the reactivate button when you have "available funds"

Chinook7

Hi: I am also wondering why my account was suspended when I'm on Autopay with sufficient funds to cover payment.

@kb_mv 

These messages have long been a problem. Rather than disable customer access to account near renewal time, the account should only say suspended if it really is.

They should just disable account access during the renewal process lol (tongue in cheek here). There is no end to the recurring threads on here about the message seen on the account page during this time. Even if the service is still working people are worried. Again, I implore PM to please put a sticky on the community/help page explaining what to expect or what you will see during the account renewal process and how to know if there really is a problem / auto pay has failed.

Edited to add: Perhaps including the process in the welcome to PM email would help.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jokunt  The normal PM renewal process is expired, then suspended, payment comes out at 2am est (on the self service account date) then the plan resets for the next 30 day cycle at 6am est. Once your phone is working properly ignore the mesage, leave your account alone. Just check for you 611 payment thankyou text message around 12.03pm est. tomorrow.
Renewal process screenshots https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/If-I-have-a-credit-35-00-does...

Please note -  Now, hate to tell you this, but if your autopay fails this cycle,  and you decide to leave PM. You either have  to reactvate and port your number out, or leave it as it and remove your autopay credit card. If you just consider it closed and leave it as is. You will be charged next cycle. Stay safe 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen Plan Expired various times of the evening but I've only seen it flip to suspended right at midnight ET. Out in BC obviously 9pm.

@gpixel wrote:

@computergeek541 what time do you usually get that message? doesnt it show just as your plan is about to renew? or does it show 2-3 hours before?

In the eastern part of the country, I believe that I've seen the message as early as around 11pm and as late as somewhere around 7am.  The expired and suspeneded messages can show for several hours.

@computergeek541 what time do you usually get that message? doesnt it show just as your plan is about to renew? or does it show 2-3 hours before?

@jokunt wrote:

Why when I am on autopay with sufficient funds to cover the payments.

So if tomorrow morning I have no service I will consider that you no longer wish to provide me with service and consider the account closed

If autopay fails, it's not a matter of Public Mobile not wishing to provide you with service but that they didn't get paid.  Saying that, you should be fine. Service does not get cut until after Public Mobile tries to claim the plan fees from your Public Mobiel account balance. Further, the message that you're looking at actually states to diregard the message if you have autopay activated.

@gpixel wrote:

@jokunt is your service actually cut off or is it just a warning? if you live on the west coast and it says "expired" just ignore the message. this is part of the renewal process. it changes from expired to suspended and then back to active.

It's actually says expired in that manner no matter where you are in the country before renewal. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@jokunt is your service actually cut off or is it just a warning? if it says "expired" just ignore the message if you still have service. this is part of the renewal process. it changes from expired to suspended and then back to active.

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I don't quite understand what you're saying. Are you saying that you didn't have service even though you have Autopay enabled and have sufficient funds?

Need Help? Let's chat.