cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Invalid After Failed Activation

leaping_lemur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Pinging @CS_Agent as instructed in other posts

I've just attempted to sign up with a brand new SIM but at the very end I received a "generic error" page. I WAS charged on my credit card for the plan sign up. Upon attempting to redo the process it now says my SIM is invalid. Please help, what can I do?

8 REPLIES 8

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@leaping_lemur wrote:

@RobertQc@mcs11 Words cannot express how grateful I am for your reply and advice! I followed your instructions and was able to get my account up after I just put the SIM card in and it worked!

@leaping_lemur I am so glad your SIM card is working and that you got into your account! Welcome to Public Mobile and have a wonderful holiday season.

leaping_lemur

I meant both actually!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@leaping_lemur wrote:

@mcs11 Words cannot express how grateful I am for your reply and advice! I followed your instructions and was able to get my account up after I just put the SIM card in and it worked!

@leaping_lemur

I think you intended these kind words to RobertQc.

Edit: Nice!

leaping_lemur

@RobertQc@mcs11 Words cannot express how grateful I am for your reply and advice! I followed your instructions and was able to get my account up after I just put the SIM card in and it worked!

leaping_lemur

Hi RobertQc, I'll give that a go thank you! (I did port my number and my old SIM still works however, does that mean anything?)

mcs11
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@leaping_lemur wrote:

I've just attempted to sign up with a brand new SIM but at the very end I received a "generic error" page. I WAS charged on my credit card for the plan sign up. Upon attempting to redo the process it now says my SIM is invalid. Please help, what can I do?

@leaping_lemur.  This happened to my sister when she signed up. We also tried to reactivating her SIM, and she received the error that the SIM was invalid. In our case, her SIM did actually activate after the first try -- she was able to make and receive calls within a fairly short period of time. What she could not do was login to her self-service account. In the end, she had to manually create her self-service account, and then she could see that everything was okay (i.e. the SIM was active, the plan she wanted was in place, and she even received her $25 referral credit, as did I as the person who referred her). So give that a try -- go in and create your self-serve account manually and let us know what you find. Good luck!

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@leaping_lemur

Hi...use the search box and type "invalid sim"..there are threads with solutions that you could read and try..

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@leaping_lemur wrote:

@leaping_lemurDid you try inserting the sim into the phone? Does your phone work? Have you tried to log into the account?

If your card was charged, everything might be good to go. Let us know.

Need Help? Let's chat.