cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returnee user to PM

Ziggy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've already pm'ed mods but thought i might ask here  as they won't get it till the morning.

I was a PM customer but went went to another carrier. My PM account was deactivated and now I'm trying to return and sign up for a new account with new sim.

When i go through the sign up process it says user name (the email address i used previously is taken and can't be used). Is there an easy way to get around this other than a new email addy which i won't do or do I have to wait for a mod to fix the issue with my email address before i can use it again to sign up?

5 REPLIES 5

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

the gmail trick is extremely handy!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I believe the system has a memory better than an elephant.  Even though closed accounts are not available for the customer to access, it sits in storage forever. 

I had the same issue long ago, as I was trying PM out before I took the jump 6 months later.

If you wish to return to using your regular email, you can change it back now, with assistance via the moderators, however as you did use the available work around, it is still going to the right inbox 🙂

Ziggy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

wrote:

@Ziggy Not sure how long the system holds the previously used email address in the database. But to be safe, you should use a new email address to eliminate potential account related problems. If you have gmail account, you can use the dot or plus trick to use the same email address but the system treats it as different. 

Awesome! That worked out perfect, even ported the numbers no problem for the wife and I from Koodo.

Guess I didn't need mods help. Never knew you could do that with gmail. Comes in very. handy.

Mods please disregard pm's sent LOL

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Ziggy Not sure how long the system holds the previously used email address in the database. But to be safe, you should use a new email address to eliminate potential account related problems. If you have gmail account, you can use the dot or plus trick to use the same email address but the system treats it as different. 

Need Help? Let's chat.