cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral code didn't work

kamloopsmurray
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Moved from Koodo to Public Mobile for one of my three phones. Got new sim from Koodo kiosk but they weren't able to get the referral code to work (sent to me from my son). I put the new card in at home and have registered it. Phone works fine. Tried entering the code under the promotional code box but didn't accept. Was told to at kiosk to call *611 and see if they could enter the code from the backend but that doesn't work well when I learn that you can't talk to a person. Hoping to reach a mod through this post.

8 REPLIES 8

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @kamloopsmurray 

As mentioned by others, good idea to contact Moderators for assistance.

As metropublic mentioned, it could be just a mix-up with one of those common characters.

You may also want to ask your son to logon his account to double check his referral code. He could even copy/paste it to you.

And to make sure his account is active. His phone service is working, right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@WeAreX 

The online chat won't be able to help with a referral code after activation.

Edit: 20 minutes later we both decide to say something 🙂

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@WeAreX wrote:

using the online chat function would be the best way to do it. Mods here might be able to see and help but they won't be 24/7 like the online chat people helping you out.

Online chat isn't 24 hours and online chat only does sales and activation. They can't help a current customer.

WeAreX
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

using the online chat function would be the best way to do it. Mods here might be able to see and help but they won't be 24/7 like the online chat people helping you out.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@kamloopsmurray wrote:

Moved from Koodo to Public Mobile for one of my three phones. Got new sim from Koodo kiosk but they weren't able to get the referral code to work (sent to me from my son). I put the new card in at home and have registered it. Phone works fine. Tried entering the code under the promotional code box but didn't accept. Was told to at kiosk to call *611 and see if they could enter the code from the backend but that doesn't work well when I learn that you can't talk to a person. Hoping to reach a mod through this post.

hi @kamloopsmurray it says on How to Activate page 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

• If you’ve been referred, make sure you add your friend’s Public Mobile phone number in order for your friend to be eligible for the Refer a Friend Reward. You will not be able to add a referral number after activation.

But hey, there must be an exception to any rule, right?  Why else will we be advising new members to go to the moderators for help about referrals after activation?  The problem is  that no one had come back to tell us if they got their referral credit or the moderators had manually added the referral code... so, we don't really know.  I hope you get the moderators to add your son's referral code, so you can come back and let us know.  thanks in advance.

Welcome to Public Moble!  1

metropublic
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kamloopsmurray  Note that Public Mobile referral codes contain a combination of letters and numbers so you need to pay attention because it's easy to mistake the number 0 (zero) with the letter O etc.

In any event, just submit a ticket and ask the Public Mobile Moderator Team to apply it for you.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@kamloopsmurray wrote:

You will need to contact the moderators to have the referral code added.  You can do that by clicking on the "Chat Bubble" in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@kamloopsmurray You will need to contact the Moderator team by one of the two following ways listed below. They will be able to add the referral code manually.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.